Mecarmy pt16 opponents??

Mathmk7

Newly Enlightened
I wasn't able to get mine shipped (stuck in customs) , im really sad about that, now im looking to get something similar that have usb rechargeable and is flood type , about the same specs

I did found the olight s1r but its less lumens and more of a trower

Anything else ?

Last edited:

Lex Icon

Newly Enlightened
Be careful when ordering the PT-16.
There are 3 versions of this model, with different battery tubes, and UIs.
V3 has capacity for an 18350, and a better user interface.
-
The PT-14 seems most comfortable in the hand, the PT-18 has better capacity to power the 3 LEDs, which are too cool IMHO.
IlluminationGear sells the tubes and end caps for the latest version (V3) of the PT-16 separately, for $19.99.
The heads are all interchangeable, so you can swap/Lego them around.
There does not seem to be anything else around similar for the price.
(*some object to the similarity with the very expensive Moddoolar Wasp, claiming theft of design)

Last edited:

Mathmk7

Newly Enlightened
Be careful when ordering the PT-16.
There are 3 versions of this model, with different battery tubes, and UIs.
V3 has capacity for an 18350, and a better user interface.
-
The PT-14 seems most comfortable in the hand, the PT-18 has better capacity to power the 3 LEDs, which are too cool IMHO.
IlluminationGear sells the tubes and end caps for the latest version (V3) of the PT-16 separately, for $19.99.
The heads are all interchangeable, so you can swap/Lego them around.
There does not seem to be anything else around similar for the price.
(*some object to the similarity with the very expensive Moddoolar Wasp, claiming theft of design)

Yes I know I ordered my v3 from hkequipement back in December,I want it so bad [emoji20]

Mathmk7

Newly Enlightened
The PT16 is garbage, mine came and wouldn't turn on or charge, think the PT16 is on its 3rd revision lol and its only around 600 lumens, not the advertised 1000! The S1R is rated at 900 lumens but probably closer to 1000, the Olight has a nicer tint too

Damn son you almost sold me directly to the olight right now loll

Lex Icon

Newly Enlightened
I personally would not have a Mecarmy PT triple with the native emitters, nor a stubby light that got too hot, too fast.
It is, however, a fairly simple low tech mod, and a happy home for Hi Cri Nichia LEDs (unless you are fond of the generic Cree CW emitters it comes with). Biggest drawback is the aluminum star, limiting heat management.
-
A highly respected modder on another forum gutted his PT-16, put in a copper star for the LEDs, bored out the V3 tube from 18350 to 18500 size (at the expense of the recharging capability), and claims to have pushed the output passed 3000 lumens by replacing the electronics.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love mine just the way it is and enough that I got the PT-18 the week after getting the PT-16.
There is nothing else just like them that I have tried for flood.

I would like to try the Manker 4 emitter light too though.

cruzian3

Newly Enlightened
I wasn't able to get mine shipped (stuck in customs) , im really sad about that, now im looking to get something similar that have usb rechargeable and is flood type , about the same specs

I did found the olight s1r but its less lumens and more of a trower

Anything else ?
If you really want the pt16, I'll sell you mine. I've been using my nitecore ec11 more recently. I'm not sure which version I have but it fits the 18350 perfectly.

927e3be3b5ef950da918be26a4f33669.jpg

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
The heads are all interchangeable, so you can swap/Lego them.

Thanks for the tip, I just bought the last one they had in stock!