I Shocked My Friend Last Night With My Klarus

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
A friend of mine calls me in the afternoon. He had finished work and wanted to stop by and show me the video camera he installed in his Jeep. So, he stops by and I look at some video he took earlier that day. We go back outside and he shows he more about the install. Then, he pulls out his brand new Mag-Lite LED and is bragging about what a great price it was and how much throw it has. He shines it across my snow covered hay field and I was underwhelmed. I had my Klarus XT12GT in my pocket and I casually mentioned that I just got a new light, too. I then light up the ops of trees on the other side of my hay field and my friend seemed astonished. He did stop bragging about his new Mag-Lite, though!

Last edited:

ScottFree

Newly Enlightened
A friend of mine calls me in the afternoon. He had finished work and wanted to stop by and show me the video camera he installed in his Jeep. So, he stops by and I look at some video he took earlier that day. We go back outside and he shows he more about the install. Then, he pulls out his brand new Mag-Light LED and is bragging about what a great price it was and how much throw it has. He shines it across my snow covered hay field and I was underwhelmed. I had my Klarus XT12GT in my pocket and I casually mentioned that I just got a new light, too. I then light up the ops of trees on the other side of my hay field and my friend seemed astonished. He did stop bragging about his new Mag Light, though!

And so it begins.

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast
Noice. I just ordered a Klarus XT12GT... Seems like a good choice. So you're happy with it so far? Oh, and did anyone say Thrunite TN42??? ;)

Capolini

Banned
If you really want to impress him and yourself,,,,,Get a V54 MODDED light :naughty:.......your Klarus is not too bad for a stock light, as the manufacturers started catching on to the modders in the last year.

One of my newer modded lights is about the same size as your Klarus,,The Manker U21vn. As you can see ~ 3X the Lux and almost Twice the throw!

Spec 2: XPL PDT, High output, larger hot spot $132
ANSI
Lumen: 1500
Lux: 260K
Throw: 1020m

majid

Newly Enlightened
I thought the only point of a Mag-Lite is that it is a billy club, the flashlight feature being there only for deniability in states that regulate deadly weapons.