Lowe's Task Force 2C 3watt Cree bulb replacement

Chucklee

Newly Enlightened
Hello to all. Yes I am new to this board and I really could use a little help. I dropped my task force 2c 3watt LED lite one time to many and I think the led is gone. I went to e bay to buy a new led only to discover there must be a hundred of them. Could somebody please tell me what part number to look for. I am not trying to upgrade I would be happy with the original led assembly. I have the one that is 60 times brighter and so forth. I fell in love with his light and I really don't want to give up on it. If you also have the number for the PC board I would love to have it too. i have read through several postings trying to find my answer but no luck.
Any help is much appreciated.
Thank you--Chucklee

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
LED's are not normally considered user-replaceable (requires soldering skills or even the ability to do a technique called a solder reflow), and store branded budget lights seldom ever publish what LED they use or details about the driver.

However, it's probably not the LED itself that failed. LED's are extremely robust. More likely is a failed solder joint, a broken switch, or something of that nature. You can try disassembling the light and looking for anything obvious.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get a new light. 3 watt Philips Lumileds Luxeon III l.e.d.s are about a decade old and put out maybe 60-80 lumens. You can get 1 AAA and keychain lights that are brighter nowadays. The problem you'll have repairing the light is that newer l.e.d.s are more efficient with a lower voltage. That requires changing out the driver circuit and the l.e.d.. Newer l.e.d.s are also smaller and won't work well with the optic of that light. Getting a new light will save a lot of headaches and will be cheaper.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have...somewhere... one of these lights. If I remember right, the tailcap switch was problematic, and could Olsen easily.
if you haven't yet, check the retention ring and make sure the switch is fully secured in place.
if that's not it, look at the basic flashlight troubleshooting guide. It's a sticky in the general flashlight discussion sub forum.

Remember though, this light is pretty old and out of date. For all,of your time and energy to repair it, maybe it would be best to look into a newer light. You'll be amazed at what is available now.