Help needed, nd pics of poles on LED Luxeon III

Gymkhana

Newly Enlightened
I want to fix my Sure Fire L6 with a Luxeon III and need some help in getting pictures to ID the poles on this as I am new to the MODs.
Further instructions on MOD of this would be a further help.
Many thanks

Chief_Wiggum

Enlightened
Can't help with the L6, but if you need help identifying the anode and cathode side of the LED you're in luck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The anode tab of the LED (the one that get's connected to positive) is the tab that forms a complete hole.

The cathode tab of the LED (the negative one) is the tab that is clipped off and *does not* form a complete enclosed hole.

You can see pics in the Lumileds emitter documentation found on page 2 here:

http://www.lumileds.com/pdfs/protected/DS45.PDF

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
I think you would be first in modding the L6. IIRC, the KL5 and KL6 bezels were designed to be a real pita to get apart by SF to keep us modders out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I belive it was the KL5 that no one has success or is harder than the KL6 if I remember right.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
The KL6 is only 3 phillips screws away from being modder fodder. I think the most extreme one ive seen yet is McGizmos' Lux 3, Single cell M3 body.

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
OK, so what do I know???

The KL5 I bought my dad only looked to be a few phillips screws away also, but I understand it is more than that.

Gymkhana

Newly Enlightened
Thanks all of the great advice. McGizmo is out of station thats why I needed your help. I am getting his PT -DB 1000 , and cant wait for my E2E/ L4 fit. It should out throw the standard SF L6,with a tighter hot spot.

Imagine now the deep reflector on L6 and what the Luxeon III can do...
So, I have been thinking about this mod on L6 and yes its only a few screws to take out and the rest is working with a solder. Just need to make sure the poles are correct though thanks again.