Nitecore SRT7GT smartring white & 4 color LEDs

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
Interesting concept. The ring allows infinite brightness for white. I wonder if the "standby" and LED modes have tactile detents.
Hope to see performance tests of this one.

Still, IMO the optimum shape for a "tactical" light is a cylinder without a larger diameter head.
EDIT: I see they have 4 models of Smartring with at least 3 colors (only have UV in one). The SRT5 has the cylinder I like.

What's the difference in color temp between Cree XM-L2 T6 and Cree XP-L HI V3 white LEDs?

And what wavelength exactly is the UV?

Looks like the SRT-6 does not have colored LEDs. Users complain that the colored LEDs are too dim to be useful, but the SRT7GT lists more powerful LEDs than one other older model. A third model has no stats listed for its colored LEDs.

I really hate it when the advertising copy for a "series" of lights is badly cut & pasted. For example, only two models state the candela spec.

Last edited:

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
The Srt7 smart ring is about the easiest, most intuitive interface on any flashlight (imo). You can go to just about any output level or mode quickly and without any fumbling or pause for recollection of how to get to the mode. Just simple and quick, especially from standby. The Srt7GT should have the same output and beam as the MH27 ala the smart ring interface and addition of UV.

The color/tint from my MH27 XP-L hi appears to be the same temperature, about 6,000K, but a bit more green in my MH27 XP-L vs the Srt7.