Can anybody give advice on the ThruNite TN36 2017, Please.

kd8luy

Newly Enlightened
New guy here. I just saw this light on Amazon and I am wondering if it is worth buying. I have always bought surefire, but I am a lot tuned off with the new P3X Fury with IntelliBeam. So any info on the ThruNite TN36 2017 would be much appreciated

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
The older ones are great. The new one adds a selector ring for brightness levels

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
The older ones are great. The new one adds a selector ring for brightness levels

The TN36 2017 has a selector ring?

Just watched the new YouTube review of that light and there was no selector ring.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Details are here: _http://www.thrunite.com/thrunite-kit-tn36-2017-10000-lumen-flashlight/

It looks like long press the side switch for infinity adjustment.

This light has a very floody beam profile. I like lights that are powerful flooders.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
New guy here. I just saw this light on Amazon and I am wondering if it is worth buying. I have always bought surefire, but I am a lot tuned off with the new P3X Fury with IntelliBeam. So any info on the ThruNite TN36 2017 would be much appreciated

If you don't mind my asking, what turned you off of the P3X?

kd8luy

Newly Enlightened
I press the tale cap and I only have 1 light level. It suppose to be 1000 lumens and yet my 800 lumens UB3T Invictus is brighter. I got it back in the beginning of April and shipped it back to Surefire and I just got it back last week and it is still just one level of brightness. I thought it was supposed to be able to since how bright it needs to be or you can over ride it. But if so mine will not do it.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I press the tale cap and I only have 1 light level. It suppose to be 1000 lumens and yet my 800 lumens UB3T Invictus is brighter. I got it back in the beginning of April and shipped it back to Surefire and I just got it back last week and it is still just one level of brightness. I thought it was supposed to be able to since how bright it needs to be or you can over ride it. But if so mine will not do it.

In terms of raw output, the difference between 800lm and 1000lm is imperceptible. The real difference is that the UBT3 is a dedicated thrower, meaning that it has a focused beam pattern with very high peak candela for extended range. That's why your Invictus looks brighter than your Fury, which was designed to balance flood and throw. I do not own the Thrunite that you've referenced, but judging by the specs it will have a floody beam pattern. Your Invictus may yet "seem" brighter because of the light concentrated in the hot spot, even though the Thrunite has more total output.

As for the levels of output, there are two Fury models. One is a single output tactical, while the other is a dual output. What is the model number on the packaging?

kd8luy

Newly Enlightened
There are 3 models I have the new Fury P3X With Intellibeam Technology. On Surefire website it states that it is 1000 Lumens on High and 15 on low, and is to adjust it by its self between the 2 setting.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are 3 models I have the new Fury P3X With Intellibeam Technology. On Surefire website it states that it is 1000 Lumens on High and 15 on low, and is to adjust it by its self between the 2 setting.

I'm having a hard time understanding how two successive Furys with Intellibeam have each only had one level of output. That's why I was asking for the model number.

I think Thrunite is decent and I own one of their products, but I don't think they are built to the same standard as SF. If maximum output is your goal, then I think you will find the TN quite agreeable. If you'd prefer robust build quality, then I'd recommend looking into other US made labels like Malkoff, Elzetta, and HDS. Personally, I think the P3X Fury is quite decent in terms of output, unless of course, yours is malfunctioning.