Nitecore P25 flickering/not working - possible connection fault?

Amatoxin

Newly Enlightened
I've had my P25 for 5 or so years, and it's served me well in that time.

Recently though I've had a few problems with it. Sometimes it will stop working, the LED completely shutting off. Normally to fix it I have to whack the head of the flashlight with my hand quite firmly until it's on again, and occasionally it will flicker. This is unrelated to what settings the control button is on - so I strongly suspect the connection is breaking somewhere.

I've tried disassembling it as far as I can and cleaning contacts (tailcap, battery tube) but that doesn't seem to do much. I can only fix it by whacking it in the head of the light so I presume the connection problem is there.

I use it as a gun light for airsoft and it has been knocked against things a few times when I've been diving for cover and such, so I presume that's how the damage to it was done.

Does anyone know how to disassemble the head? I managed to get the reflector off but couldn't get any further in than just exposing the LED. I presume my problem will be somewhere in there, perhaps a solder blob breaking or something.

Thanks for any help. I'm considering buying a Nitecore Chameleon CI6 to replace it if I can't fix it since I think the IR would suit me when I get my hands on some night vision, but I'd still like to have the (more powerful I think) P25 working.