Where to buy Cheap AA's

brickbat

Enlightened
Where to buy Cheap AA\'s

I need about 100 alkaline AA's for a project at work. Can anyone recommend a low-cost source? They dont have to be a 'name' brand. Thanks

Jim

Rebus

Enlightened
Re: Where to buy Cheap AA\'s

Big Lots has been selling 4 packs
of Ray-0-Vacs for $1.00. They also
have another off brand that they
sell for 25 cents each.

-Rebus

Neko2

Newly Enlightened

The off brand 8pk for $2 is made by eastman kodak. I really like the Fuji Novell batteries (#1 brand in Japan) if I'm buying a small quantity. For larger amounts Costco's private brand (made by Duracell) are 48 for $9.50 or so. Cant beat that with a stick. ANd since it's Costco, you can take 'em back if you decide you don't like them. I don't think you will be taking them back though... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

N2

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast

They have 12pk Ray-o-vacs at A&P for $3 a pack.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast

24 for $5 at dollar general.
they have done well for me.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast

Payless Foods out where I live are selling 4 packs of Western Family AA and AAA alkalines for $2.00. Works out to about .50 cents each.

Mike

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast

Northern Tool has 24 packs for $3.99. They say Northern Industrial on them, but I think that they're Dorcy. Just got some today, so I don't know how they do yet.

mrme

Enlightened

Those Kodak bateries that show up for cheap are really not a very good deal. They are out of those disposible cameras, so how much juice is in them is highly vairable. I have had flashlights that should have lasted 4 or 5 hours run out in less than 30 min.

I just bought a lot of 96 aa alkaline batteries off ebay for about $18 shipped.

Costco usually has a pretty good deal on a brick of 48 house brand alkalines.

You can find carbon zinc batteries really cheap, but they aren't good for much. Just stick with alkalines.

I won't pay more than 25 cents a battery, so I usually stock up when I find a deal. Dollar stores can be really good places to find them, just don't waste your money on the "Heavy Duty" batteries.
Good luck.