Nitecore P12GT

ArazelEternal

Newly Enlightened
Hello all,

I just joined this forum a few days ago because I like flashlights (go figure) and it looked interesting.

Im wondering, does anyone else here have this same flashlight? What are your opinions on it? Personally, I feel it is a very well built light with plenty of features, awesome throw for its size, and is incredibly bright on full output. I bought it on eBay for around $50. It seemed to be the best combination of price, size, output, and battery runtime. Im using Nitecore's own NL1834 18650 batteries which are rated at 3400 mAh. They do seem to have pretty good runtime for the way I use them, working on vehicles (seldom, Im anything but a mechanic), laser printer and computer repair (my day job), and occasional walks at night. These batteries are their new version of the NL189 which from a bit of reading were rebranded Panasonics. I dont know if the NL1834 is the same, or something different.

I love how the mode switcher is a different button rather than being incorporated into the power switch or twist on/off mechanism like others. Ive had several other lights without the mode memory that this has, and I get beyond irritated with them when I want to stick with a particular mode (say low or mid output).

A couple questions for people more knowledgeable than myself. What is the typical CRI rating for Nitecore flashlights? I know they have a few high CRI models that are above 90, but I cant find anything official on others, like this P12GT. Also, Im curious as to what the color temperature rating of this one is. To my eyes, it looks to be neutral white, leaning towards cool white. And for that matter, how does CRI rating work, as is compared to color temperature? I know that warmer lights tend to have higher CRI ratings, but is there more to it than just color temperature?

Thanks to anyone who can answer these questions, or at least point me in the right direction for the info.

P.S. This light uses (according to the box and the website) the Cree XP-L HI V3 LED.

Enlightened
Hello all, I just joined this forum a few days ago because I like flashlights (go figure) and it looked interesting. Im wondering, does anyone else here have this same flashlight? What are your opinions on it? Personally, I feel it is a very well built light with plenty of features, awesome throw for its size, and is incredibly bright on full output. I bought it on eBay for around $50. It seemed to be the best combination of price, size, output, and battery runtime. Im using Nitecore's own NL1834 18650 batteries which are rated at 3400 mAh. They do seem to have pretty good runtime for the way I use them, working on vehicles (seldom, Im anything but a mechanic), laser printer and computer repair (my day job), and occasional walks at night. These batteries are their new version of the NL189 which from a bit of reading were rebranded Panasonics. I dont know if the NL1834 is the same, or something different. I love how the mode switcher is a different button rather than being incorporated into the power switch or twist on/off mechanism like others. Ive had several other lights without the mode memory that this has, and I get beyond irritated with them when I want to stick with a particular mode (say low or mid output). A couple questions for people more knowledgeable than myself. What is the typical CRI rating for Nitecore flashlights? I know they have a few high CRI models that are above 90, but I cant find anything official on others, like this P12GT. Also, Im curious as to what the color temperature rating of this one is. To my eyes, it looks to be neutral white, leaning towards cool white. And for that matter, how does CRI rating work, as is compared to color temperature? I know that warmer lights tend to have higher CRI ratings, but is there more to it than just color temperature? Thanks to anyone who can answer these questions, or at least point me in the right direction for the info. P.S. This light uses (according to the box and the website) the Cree XP-L HI V3 LED.
If it's cool white probably around 70.

cp2315

Enlightened
I agree with you that P12GT is one great light at very reasonable price. I mentioned it in answers to quite a few recommendation requests.
It feels a little thicker the fenix PD35 (tac) in hand. It's mode spacing is better than PD35 IMO because of lacking a high mode of 4-500 lumens. With my PD35 tac, when the battery is not completely full, the high and turbo seems no difference visually, which I do not like.

ArazelEternal

Newly Enlightened
Some different beam shots from this light. These ones are of the light shone on a shed in my backyard from about 30-40 feet away (haven't measured).

5f7db6111259a8783e8de5bdec9a68b8.jpg

ec6a9c84bd7efe1e86b87b73eff17839.jpg

ec281a9e04e62fe168c1400817d78659.jpg

These photos are of the light against the box for it in a dark room from about a foot away.

853ce3072457317068b3b320c35686a2.jpg

7374496cb16f28daf8b06fd3fb674d60.jpg