Anti-Rolling Device for 2AA Lights?

CalgaryGuy

Enlightened
Any advice on how to build (or buy) an anti-rolling device for an Arc LSH-P with 2AA tail? Thanks.

PS. Feel free to move it to the right forum if I'm in the wrong forum.

Techmedic

Enlightened
M@G lite makes a plastic anti-rolling device for their AA version that just slips on. Can buy it as a kit (with a few other goodies) from most outdoors shops. (adapt, re-work, force-it, etc...)
Take a big hex nut and secure it with heat shrink tubing! (sorry that makes it anti-carry!)
Hey, be inventive!!

Banshee

Enlightened
I found that ergonomic grip from the WalMart Ozark Trail 2AA light both adds "gripablilty" and prevents any rolling!

6pOriginal

Enlightened
I worked in a science supply company for a while, I remember there were hex shape rubber thingie for the same purpose for test tubes or cylinders. I used to have one on my old style SF 6p, it works great, until it slipped off and lost forever...

LightScene

Enlightened
After my Arc LS (with 2AA pack) rolled off a shelf and hit the floor, I positioned 2 paper clips about half an inch apart on the head, and used duct tape to hold them in position. That creates a nice, stable flat spot.

CalgaryGuy

Enlightened
Thanks for all the responses, I really like the shrink tube idea. However, I'll probably put a paper clip or something small so it's still EDC and doesn't roll.

CalgaryGuy

Enlightened
DaveT, I don't need the lanyard attachment but I do need water tight integrity on my Arc so that's not a good option for me. But thanks for sending the link.

haertig

Newly Enlightened
Maybe just a small wrist strap? The cord may create enough drag to keep it from rolling (much).