ARC4+ concern

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigred

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, haven't posted in a while. I noticed my ARC4+ doing something weird when used for extended periods of time. First, I have primary set at level 4. Second, I usually use my ARC4+ for 1-2 minutes at a time. But lately I've been in situations where I've needed my ARC4+ for about 8-10 minutes. What happens in this situation is the light will sort of flicker 1 or 2 times, then it won't let me access the boost function. It doesn't step down to the next lower level, it just flickers a bit on level 4 and refuses to go to boost. When I unscrew, then tighten the tailcap, the light goes through RFS without a hitch, so the battery is fine. Could it be the thermal sensor protecting the LED? It seems that it would take more than 8-10 minutes of runtime on level 4 to trip the thermal sensor. Does anyone have any input?

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
it is possible the thermal sensor is preventing you from going to boost mode, if you left the light on without some form of heatsinking (such as holding it on your hand) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cy

Flashaholic
Sure sounds like low voltage, try taking your batt out and measure voltage. highly unlikely thermo sensor is working at level 4. If batt is too low, will not go into boost.

One of the first settings I changed was to turn off RFS to prevent batt drain.

MoonRise

Enlightened
You need a new battery if you want boost, your current battery can't supply enough juice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

My Arc4+ recently did a similar thing of flickering the brightness level when I called for boost. I checked the battery voltage and I was down to 2.68V. The battery bounced back to about 2.8V no-load after sitting for a while, but that battery will no longer supply enough juice for the higher levels. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Pop in a fresh battery and the light is back to full power when I call for it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.