TM26 Display dead

olemil

Newly Enlightened
Just wondering if anyone with a Nitecore TM26 has had their OLED display go south on them? It is the model that came out in 2013 with the white display. Mine has gotten dimmer and dimmer over the last 6-8 months and now it is pretty much dead. I bought it in Nov. of 2013 so guess the warranty is no good now. Wonder if the display can be replaced (I'm sure it's probably soldering in) with out costing an arm and a leg? P.S., yes the battery is good. Thanks for any input.

olemil

Newly Enlightened
Guess no one else has had this problem with their TM series.....lol. Just an update to let everyone know Nitecore does stand behind their product (at least in my case). I contacted the Nitecore store in TX and told them about my problem, got a swift reply wanting to know the purchase date and vendor purchased from. I emailed them a copy of my invoice to verify the purchase date which would be 5yrs ago this November. She told me to ship the light to them for a free repair or replacement, so I did. They received it today and I got an email stating they have verified the display was bad and shipped me a new replacement head today (the same day they received mine). I am very happy with the out come and glad they have stood up to their 5yr. warranty. Hope everyone else has had this good of luck with them.