CR123 Battery Extension for Arc4+

Status
Not open for further replies.

photon555

Newly Enlightened
I would really like an extension which would allow two CR123's to be used in the Arc4+. I think it should be just an extension and not replace the current battery tube. This would allow you at any time to go back to one battery without carrying around any other parts. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I know several people have expressed an interest in a two battery tube.

Cheers to Peter for his honesty and tranparency with the latest problems Arc has had. Too bad car companies don't follow his example. I'm not holding my breath.

Mark_van_Gorkom

Enlightened
I think I'd prefer a complete holder over an extension; easier to swap between holders that way. Somebody also voiced some concern about extra resistance in the extra threads (when discussing a 2AA extension) but I doubt that'll be very significant. On the plus side, with 2 extensions (and a sleeve) you could use it for 2AAs
Whatever anybody comes up with, I'll want one!

photon555

Newly Enlightened
I just measured my Arc4+ (second) to be 3 3/16 in. long. A CR123 is 1 5/16 in. long. Adding the two gives 4 1/2 in. long! Would this be the shortest led flashlight using two CR123 cells? Either an extension or a complete two CR123 battery tube would be great as far as I am concerned. One more request, please, machine a wider band on the end that connects to the switch and tap two holes in it. Then you could attach the clip and carry the light lens down if you wanted.

photon555

Newly Enlightened
Forgot something. Include two 4-40 screws to fill the other clip holes. I would really like screws that would recess to fill the unused holes. For a neat appearance use screws with a hex or torx head for both kinds of screws, and include a driver. In bulk quantities they would be much cheaper for Arc to purchase and price with the accessories than for individual purchase.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Though I'd love to see a 2x123 light, I would think Pila's with their extra length (maybe 3mm or so) over 2x123 would probably cause switching problems. There just isn't enough free play in the battery compartment to accommodate the added length from the protection circuit. Bare cells would fare better but I don't advocate using bare Li-Ions due to safety issues. But then again, maybe Peter's working the length issue already. Maybe design the tailcap to be able to back out a bit to accommodate the extra length ? I also think a full 2x123 is better than an extension to minimize contact points.

photon555

Newly Enlightened
Here's a thought. Offer a special bundle price for the 2 CR123 extension and the new protected tail-cap switch, and the pouch. Bundles can offer efficiencies for the seller and the buyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.