Switch guard for 4+

Status
Not open for further replies.

analogguy

Enlightened
Sorry I didn't keep up, but does anyone know what's happening with the switch guard for the ARC4? I know that there is a lock out function that I haven't used. I've already killed a couple of batteries while carrying the light in my pocket.

Kercheval

Newly Enlightened
I think this is MUCH more common than Peter wants to admit. I carry in a sheath and I also went through a couple before I was finally forced to use semi tactical mode for the light.

I really don't like semi tactical too much, but I would rather know I have a light with some juice left.

jbk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will it still be easy to push the button with the gaurd there?

Mikhail

Newly Enlightened
357, Maybe Peter select soft spring for push button on switch guard. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif Wonder what estimate cost for this switch guard? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking more along the lines of if we have large fingers, could we get them through the switch gaurd?

Crash

Enlightened
half New Orleans, half Baton Rouge, Louisiana

You might have to have your fingers surgically altered to operate the switch. Seriously, when Peter first announced that he was considering a switch guard, ease of operation for people with big fingers was one of his design points. I don't know what the final configuration will be but I'm sure that your concern (and mine) will be addressed.

Bill

cy

Flashaholic
This switch guard is much needed. IMHO Arc4 greatest weakness is surviving a direct hit on the button. The front switch may survive a millions cycles, unless I'm way wrong. It's not designed to survive a multi-G hit.

The tail cap mod 1.1 adresses this issue by providing a protected switch and is shorter by 1/3 in. Some will not like this mod because you can only operate it with a fore finger instead of your thumb.

Once you adjust the spring pressure correctly, the switch will become tactile. But will become more prone to accidental activation.

Status
Not open for further replies.