HELP: Flashing Emisar D4S with Andúril

gonzalu

Newly Enlightened
Hello folks,

I am looking for detailed help in flashing my Emisar D4S to Anduril. I believe I have Narsil right now but not sure. It is stock from Mountain Electronics.

This would be my first time attempting any flashing of any torch. I feel I am comfortable with Serial to USB and Windows/Linux/FreeBSD and related. My fear is around the little holes and pins on the bottom of the PCB and how to properly attach to it and do the flashing ...

TIA for your help.

:help:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello folks,

I am looking for detailed help in flashing my Emisar D4S to Anduril. I believe I have Narsil right now but not sure. It is stock from Mountain Electronics.

This would be my first time attempting any flashing of any torch. I feel I am comfortable with Serial to USB and Windows/Linux/FreeBSD and related. My fear is around the little holes and pins on the bottom of the PCB and how to properly attach to it and do the flashing ...

TIA for your help.

:help:

Go over to BLF (Budget Light Forum) and look for one ToyKeeper's posts. She wrote the code and has links in her 'signature' explaining things.

Chris

gonzalu

Newly Enlightened
Thank you Chris... much obliged.

Full transparency, She posted a picture of the physical connections and now I feel much better to try it on my own. Dupont cables and USB programmer thingy coming tomorrow from Amazon. I couldn't find the original Fischl but hope a compatible one would do.

Wish me luck :)

Ti-man

Newly Enlightened
Just make sure you have the programmer to driver wiring setup correctly. That's about the most common problem people run into.
It cost me a several hours of headache one time all because I had 2 wires wrongly connected. I had checked it several times already.:sigh:

gonzalu

Newly Enlightened
Just make sure you have the programmer to driver wiring setup correctly. That's about the most common problem people run into.
It cost me a several hours of headache one time all because I had 2 wires wrongly connected. I had checked it several times already.:sigh:

OK, success. And yes, the wiring caught me. The verification failed 5 times and I had a bricked light. Not because I got it wrong, but because the contacts were not solid. After pushing on the wires on the PCB, it succeeded and I had Anduril working. YAY!!! It is actually fairly easy thanks to ToyKeeper and the rest of the wonderful FW community.

THANKS YOU so much for the info and encouragement!