Issue with Sunwayman T45C

PaladinNO

Enlightened
Hello

I have an issue with a Sunwayman T45C that I bought years ago. It doesn't work as it should. It lights up for a few seconds, then shuts off, regardless of output setting and battery. And it only works again for a another few seconds if I remove the battery - and sometimes not even then. This has been happening since day 1, regardless of the number or type / brand of battery I use.

After much struggling just with finding a battery that fits (all of my 18650 button-tops are too thick to fit side by side so I had to borrow some Fenix ARB-L2's), and having inserted the batteries the wrong way (there is no + / - to been seen) before I learned this is a 2 parallel cell light, and having to repeatedly hit the light to get my own Keeppower 18650's back out of the tube because they're rubbing against each other, I've pretty much given up on this light.

Is there anything I can do, or is this light slated for the bin?

Bought it on sale many years ago as a cheaper Fenix TK35 alternative, so the cost isn't hard to take, but I would like to know what is actually wrong with it before I discard it. Almost ironic that I bought the T45C because I read the Fenix TK35 had issues with turning it on.
Would be a shame, because a 2P 18650 light is just what I want for portability and good runtimes. And the T45C looks cool, the beam is great, and the output is just what I need. It is a bit short in my hand though.

Am looking for a dual, 2P 18650 light that actually works. Only need ~1000 Lumen, as this one is exclusively for long runtime. Tint / emitter is irrelevant.

EDIT:
Pretty much settled on a Fenix TK35 Ultimate Edition v.2 as a replacement.

Last edited:

LRJ88

Enlightened
When i've had the same issue with a flashlight it's been a capacitor which has decided to go **** up, it might very well be something else though.I'd still save it just in case though.

It might not be easy to find a 2x18650 flashlight with the same layout, if you're interested in other layouts just by runtime it would be possible to find other ones which'd fit your needs.

PaladinNO

Enlightened
When i've had the same issue with a flashlight it's been a capacitor which has decided to go **** up, it might very well be something else though.I'd still save it just in case though.
Thanks for the response.

Yeah, I really don't like throwing away things that still may work. Though most intermittent faults, which I would classify this as, can be a real b***h to nail down and fix (as a computer technician, I have had my fair share of those). But I'm not confident or competent enough to find and fix an electronic issue on component level.

It's okay, then I'll just put the T45C in my flashlight "miscellaneous" storage box, and start looking for a replacement.
Just found a used Fenix TK35UE locally for ~$81.50. 3200 Lumen, 2x 18650. Sadly not the TK35UE v2, which is better in every way, but the price is really good.

Last edited:

LRJ88

Enlightened
It's a very decent price, i haven't seen many complaints overall with Fenix lights either so you're likely in for a solid replacement.

PaladinNO

Enlightened
It's a very decent price, i haven't seen many complaints overall with Fenix lights either so you're likely in for a solid replacement.
Am a big fan of Fenix - already own several Fenix lights, so I know their lights are quality. Also, Fenix is one of the few flashlight brands that are actually available for local purchase.

I bought the used TK35 UE yesterday, along with a used Fenix LR35R (2x 21700).

Got both for ~$213.