Keeppower Protection Circuit Issue

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Correct. But that is 3.2v each cell measured without sag. Why it doesn't flicker and have a long taper on primaries? I do not know.

Maybe one of the 2 cells already had the protection circuit kick in, so it's actual only running on one cell?
No. They're in series. If one cell has tripped, it won't work at all

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
No no we got an answer and we're done here. I beg you stop the madness!!!😂😂😂😂
I'm sorry! But it doesn't make any sense. That's not an answer😢😢😢😢😢
I think I was incorrect earlier. I think Gene meant below 3.2v total will flicker. Which that does make sense. But two cells in series never get to 1.6v. Unless they're extremely discharged. So that isn't it. I think it's just time to retire those problematic cells.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes yes that's the answer toss them and don't look back👍

If that makes the whole problem disappear - absolutely!!

I haven't followed this thread, but maybe high cell internal resistance going on, but I assume OP doesn't have any way to measure that (and I'm not about to read this whole thread to verify that;-), so that'll remain very raw speculation.

md17

Newly Enlightened
If that makes the whole problem disappear - absolutely!!

I haven't followed this thread, but maybe high cell internal resistance going on, but I assume OP doesn't have any way to measure that (and I'm not about to read this whole thread to verify that;-), so that'll remain very raw speculation.
I don't know how this thread got so big, but a forum is for talking I guess…but the ir measured on the charger was all less than 150 and the cells are brand new.

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know how this thread got so big, but a forum is for talking I guess…but the ir measured on the charger was all less than 150 and the cells are brand new.

Hey I was thinking you may want to keep those cells for an emergency. There's a few Open-Border members around here that may need those for their vibrators!