Everyday Carry Copper Lights

mwrhusker

Newly Enlightened
How many people utilize a copper everyday carry flashlight? Send pics of that patina..

Vemice

Enlightened
Re: Everyday Carry

Carry these in rotation. TINI is on the keychain.
cUTR7VKl.jpg

Peak at a younger age.
66uMGVOl.jpg

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't have any copper lights. I EDC a titanium ET D25 clicky and it's fine for my daily needs.

Chris

thenikjones

Newly Enlightened

I have a Prometheus AAA light in copper - as it offers 3 modes instead of 2 - and if it was ANY other metal would be a fantastic light. It is heavy and, worse still, makes my fingers stink after handling it.

I can take or leave patina but copper makes my skin smell worse than cigarettes ever did, sadly. The light just sits in a bag now, which is a shame.

wraithpc

Newly Enlightened

These are daily carries, but in pouch, holster or pack.

4va2vPf.jpg

s2u0RD1.jpg

MkzGQHh.jpg

wraithpc

Newly Enlightened

Stinky fingers, you all have them!

Chris

Oddly enough I know what nasty old copper coins can get to be, but my copper that I exclusively handle does not get smelly. I've purchased items with a heavy patina, and they are pretty nasty. I clean and use the stuff and it stays pretty much smell free,

wardn1

Newly Enlightened

I've been carrying this MecArmy in my change pocket.
mecarmy.jpg

Coppet

Newly Enlightened

Already for more than 2 years daily with an AAA in copper, mostly a Tool Cu or a Massdrop AAA Cu.

36615568hf.jpg

36615571wx.jpg

But sometimes also one of these here:)

36615573jr.jpg

lednight

Newly Enlightened
I love the way the copper lights look, but what is the real beneift? They seem to be a lot more expensive.

thenikjones

Newly Enlightened
I love the way the copper lights look, but what is the real beneift? They seem to be a lot more expensive.

I believe "the look" is the only real benefit. Copper is, what, about 3x the density of aluminium so makes for a much less practical EDC option IMO.

archimedes

Flashaholic

Copper is softer, heavier, and will corrode (patina) more compared to, say, aluminum.

For small "EDC" type items, it's use is mostly aesthetic not functional.

However, copper also has excellent heat-handling physical characteristics, among the very best (short of quite costly materials such as silver or diamond)

So, for extremely high powered torches, the use of copper parts and/or hosts, can facilitate improved output.

Last edited: