General questions about SkyRC MC3000, Ikea Laddas and NIMH technology.

satelite

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered SkyRC MC3000. I have lots of Ikea Laddas, AA 2450mAh and AAA 900mAh. Some guys say they are same cells than eneloop pro's are and some say they are not. I just think which profile is best to charge and test them with MC3000? Chargers own eneloop profile for pro or custom profile and if custom profile is better then which settings are best?

I plan to use Ikea Storhögen for normal charging and MC3000 for annual battery life and capacity check. Or is it better to use only MC3000?

Some guys say Ikea Storhögen has too low charging current to detect full cells, is this true? I dont want to destroy my cells with bad charger.

Also what kind of internal resistance is sign of bad cell? I make excel file to keep track of my cells and i like to make it warn if some cells are going bad (alerting if capacity or/and resistance is too large.)

Are Ikea Laddas and Eneloop Pros same cells or not?

I know brown Ikea Laddas are maybe better for low current devices like alarm clocks becouse their low self dicharge rate but there is so little dicharge difference between brown and white cell so i prefer to use white instead becouse of the bigger capacity. I started to use Ikea Laddas every device that uses AA or AAA batteries. I got tired fixing leak damages caused by alcalines. Only devices to use normal batteries are 9V devices and smoke alarms but i use litiums in them, not alcalines.
9V rechargeable nimh batteries has so low mAh if you compare them litium batterys and my 9V devices are very low current devices so battery change inverval is very long with litium cells. Smoke alarms are wireless versions and they use AA cells. I tried Ikea Laddas in them but they started to chirp in 2 weeks (they dont like 1,2v voltage) so i buyed Varta litium cells to them and no chirping after that.
My old smoke alarms used 9V batterys and one alcaline batterys was leaking so i maded decision to stop using any alcalines anymore. rechargeable or litium batterys are the future for me.

fmc1

Enlightened
I decided to try some white Ikea AA's a few years ago. When I tested them the capacity was a little lower than the Eneloop pros about 200mAh lower. I also noticed for sure the self discharge is quicker but not a lot. The cycle life I can't comment on just yet because I have not cycled the ikea's enough. So far for the price I am very satisfied. 4 Ikea AA's cost me about 8 dollars, 4 eneloop pros cost me about 18 dollars. So the question is, are the eneloops worth the 10 dollars more, so far I have to answer no.

I think once you get used to the MC-3000 it will be difficult to go back to using anything else. I know that's what happened to me. The eneloop chemistry option is the same as NiMh with one exception. If you choose NiMh can enter a capacity maximum, if you choose eneloop the capacity setting is replaced by type and you choose stdAA,stdAAA, proAA, proAAA or whatever. If you make a NiMh program and choose 2500 for capacity the defaults will be exactly the same as eneloop with type AApro. I think the defaults for testing eneloops pro's are fine although cut volt=1V and d.reduce=off area little conservative in my opinion.

When you get used to charging AA eneloop pro's at 1.25A on the MC-3000 you will find the ikea's 300mA charge current too slow. Time wise the difference is a little over two hours vs. about nine hours.

Frank