Recommendations good quality 3a driver for XML / XM-L2

The_Fat_Controller

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, looking for a good quality (no magic smoke) or meltdown honest driver board 16-17mm for XM-L2 U4 emitters on copper , believe its 3amp and will need to work with multi cell

Any Suggestions?

The_Fat_Controller

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the info sadly these are all single cell drivers, really looking for multi cell and hoping to overdrive a little as its on a copper sink plate with a good heatsink , i was thinking about 3500ma should be pretty safe? Anybody?

The_Fat_Controller

Newly Enlightened
sorry im very new to this forum normally i just feed my obsession off the shelf flashlights, but reading the posts on hear has awakened a darkness, iv got a couple of throwers i really want to tune up , one is a Crelant 7g5cs (with aspheric) the other is a 2 cell nightmaster Xsearcher , I believe (After hours of googling) I need to run dedomed XM-L2 U4 on copper sink plate with a slight overdrive.. not looking to melt the thing so only a slight over drive to keep it highly reliable , yes needs to be a buck step down, i must have looked at 200+ driver boards tonight and i dont seem to be able to find anything in the 3-4 amp range thats multi cell , oh i guess i should also mention they need to be 17mm

Last edited: