E-fest 3500mAh IMR for single-cell bike light

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello,
I am looking for a cell for use in a single-cell 18650 bike light.

From my research on the light it has a 1000 lumen Turbo mode that looks powerful but drops out of regulation fairly quickly.

I'm settled on picking the light because it has the features I'd like: Good price, cut-off optics, bright turbo, replaceable 18650, integral charging.

Now I'm looking for a cell that will perform well. I am prioritizing a few things:
1) Good capacity (the higher the better).
2) Good performance under high-load (both capacity and voltage-sag wise), I'd estimate 3 or 5A is possible with this bike light in Turbo mode.
3) Good performance in fairly cold temperature. Let's say as low as -5 degrees C air temperature. Though I recognize the light will warm up particularly in turbo mode.

I have some Panasonic green 3400 cells but the internal resistance on those is starting to approach 200 m-ohm and I don't think they will perform as well as I'd like in this scenario, I'll save them for lower-draw applications.

With those parameters I am leaning heavily towards the E-fest 3500 mAh IMR cell. Are there any other options that beat out this cell for this application?

Thanks

Keitho

Enlightened
I never buy a cell without looking at the work of cpf member hjk here: http://lygte-info.dk/info/batteryIndex.html

I love that interactive table, since it will give capacities at different current draws, and different cutoff voltages. For example, in my 1x18650 bike lights (Zebralight brand flashlights), the cutoff voltage is usually around 3.4V, and the brightness I choose is usually demanding somewhere between 1 and 2 Amps. With that tool, I can sort by W-h of capacity, and find an assortment of Li-ion 18650's that would be good choices for me with >8 Wh of capacity at 3A to 3.4V cutoff. The reviews on that site are also very informative.

As far as temp, drawing 3-5A will warm up the cells pretty quick, even in moving air. When the light isn't on, see if you can put it in a pocket. I ride down to as low as -18C, and haven't had a failure of a light or cell; I don't take any steps to keep cells warm except for keeping lights/cells indoors until I'm actually riding. I know that capacity takes a hit in the cold, but not enough that I've ever said "wow, my cell is already dead?!" When it is cold, however, I do make sure that I not only have a spare cell or two, but I have a complete extra light ready to go if a cell/light fails. In the rain/snow/cold, I'd much rather pop a "hot backup" light on my handlebar while still keeping my gloves on, as opposed to troubleshooting a dark light by changing batteries, etc. with my gloves off.