Question about adding an aspheric lens to an Acebeam T27

busseguy

Enlightened
I have an Acebeam T27 thrower but it has to much spill for my taste. I was wondering if I could just remove the stock lens and put an aspheric lens in its place without other modifications?

Would that decrease spill while increasing throw? Anyone know the size I would need?

Thanks in advance.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Acebeam T27 I was wondering if I could just remove the stock lens and put an aspheric lens in its place without other modifications?

Would that decrease spill while increasing throw?

replacing stock lens with aspheric in a flashlight designed for reflector won't work properly.
Even if you remove the reflector you must find an aspheric lens with correct focal length which is center of lens to illumination surface of LED
Normally there is a clear plastic or silicon on top of this surface which work like a primary lens which makes the calculation harder. This aspheric must also have correct diameter too.
Your best choice is to find a flashlight to fit your interest.

busseguy

Enlightened
replacing stock lens with aspheric in a flashlight designed for reflector won't work properly.
Even if you remove the reflector you must find an aspheric lens with correct focal length which is center of lens to illumination surface of LED
Normally there is a clear plastic or silicon on top of this surface which work like a primary lens which makes the calculation harder. This aspheric must also have correct diameter too.
Your best choice is to find a flashlight to fit your interest.

Crap. Was hoping it was a simple swap, I didn't realize there was so much to it.

I will just keep my eyes open to find something stock with more hotspot less spill.

Thank you!

archimedes

Flashaholic
Crap. Was hoping it was a simple swap, I didn't realize there was so much to it.

I will just keep my eyes open to find something stock with more hotspot less spill....

Or consider it a sort of "Top Gear" challenge, and ... well ...

Last edited: