Going to give some budget lights a try. Any thoughts?

Onthebrightside

Newly Enlightened
I've always been big on the high end brands, especially nitecore and fenix. Well today I ordered a couple convoy s2+sst-40 lights with some boosted six Amp drivers to put in and and astrolux eo1 I think it was called, real compact 3500 lumens. I know a lot of people on this forum get the best of the best but I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried any of these type of lights and what they thought of them? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Convoy has a good reputation. I don't own one, yet. I've read they are easy to mod also.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
The "low end brands" really moved up to close to or nearly as good as some of the bigger names like Fenix/Nitecore/Etc. in the last 10 years. I remember one of the "budget" lights I had in 2008 or so literally just kind of fell apart and stopped working. Metal body and what not, but not nearly anything like a Fenix.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wowtac is a good one. Bought a couple of A1Ss as gifts for my nephews and a friend of mine, then bought one for myself. They claim they are supported by ThruNite.

PartyPete

Enlightened
Wowtac A1 and Thorfire C8s are two under $20 lights I own that are pretty decent.

SKV89

Enlightened
Convoy, Sofirn, Jaxman makes great quality budget lights. However their driver efficiency is generally no match for Fenix, Olight, and Nitecore.