LUXEON V 5 WATT LED ALUMINUM HAND TORCH @ 1sks.com

lennonsbug

Newly Enlightened
Here's what One Stop Knife Shop said about this flashlight:

It's imported from China - I don't know who the manufacturer is. The price is right though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I don't know about the constant output - I haven't read too much on them and they just arrived in the shop.

Kevin Jon Schlossberg [email protected]
Owner, PH: 1.502.671.5510
OneStopKnifeShop.com FAX: 1.502.671.5560

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Looks like it's made by Nuwai. Features are all too coinciding. Goldengadgets has a simliar price but you can get it cheaper on ebay. I never seen black up for sale though.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Similar unit, in black

http://www.shoplifestyle.com/store/product.asp?pf_id=5483&source=ntrcs

Astonishing brilliance and reliability! Type of light used by SWAT teams and soldiers in Iraq!

Beyond LED to Luxeon-LED! If you buy one flashlight over the next 10 years—this is it! Hopefully you will only need a flashlight for everyday things, but you never know. That's why you need the absolute best in a flashlight. Combining extraordinary Luxeon Star-LED bulbs with long life, high energy lithium batteries, this light will power up even if it's been left on a shelf for 10 years, and its extraordinary brightness could help save a life in an emergency.
The Luxeon–LED revolution
LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes) are one of the greatest breakthroughs in lighting. Now Luxeon-LED bulbs boost the performance of an LED by 10-15% utilizing Dynamic Lighting Effect technology and a DCDC constant circuit device.
This water-resistant Luxeon 5-Watt LED Handtorch generates up to 120 lumens compared to 10 lumens for five standard LEDs! Despite the huge output the aluminum alloy case is lightweight and remains safe and cool to the touch. Flashlight measures about 7" Long X 1" In Diameter. Comes With A Nylon Pouch And Carrying Strap.

Now only: $89.95

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
89.95 for a five watt sound good and black to boot. Did someone else post seeing these somewhere for 79.95 and free shipping?

ubermensch

Enlightened
Are these the type of lights that utilize the Luxeon star and not just the emitter, so you can find out what bin they are? Pretty sure the one watters do, but I don't know about the 5 watters.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still an LED newbie. What is dynamic lighting effect besides maybe sounding impressive to the ignorant - like me? and isn't that supposed to read: DC/DC constant CURRENT device? Thanks for any education.

jtice

Flashaholic
$89.95 is kinda steep I think, if it isnt regulated.

The TNC HyperLuxs are only $100. (non regulated) But seem better made. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif