Otokoyama Orange Peel PMR

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
First I don't know where to post this. It can qualify for a modded forum, incandescent forum, and regular forum.

I recieved my cammed Orange Peel Perfect Mag Reflector (OP PMR) late last week. I was orginally down for a cammed smooth PMR but through some problems that were graciously resolved by Otokoyama, I accepted a cammed OP PMR.

I brought it with me back to school and I pulled out my Mag 2C with a Flashlightlens battery holder for converting it to use 3 X CR123's, and a Radio Shack KPR112 bulb. It also contained the cheap plastic mirror finish cammed reflector.

Sitting back and thinking about it, putting a $25 reflector into a $14.95 flashlight seems reasonable, I guess its the flashaholic in me or was it the fact that I had a heavy piece of metal sitting in my hnads crafted beautify from a solid block of aluminum (or whichever metal was used.)

I then removed the reflector from my Mag 2C and popped this one in. My Mag 2C is 95% complete (still need to add a UCL lens and thinking of removing the black anodizing and putting on HA III in NA.) Talk about imporving the beam, it makes it almost acceptable. It still has some rings and some flaws (probably from the semi fingerprinted lens) but 100000000X better than before.

The camera I used was overloaded by the brightness of it (Canon Powershot A10) but it it shows some ideas of the clean up of the beam.

122csftl.jpg

The top left is my 2C with OP PMR, the top right is 2C with stock reflector, bottom left is my SF E2e, and bottom right is my Tigerlight. All these flashlights have at least 90% battery life in them.

Big cheers to Otokoyama for putting this PMR offer together!

Jason

PS Here is a comparison picture (Canon Powershot A10)

12pmrs.jpg

stephenanderson2

Newly Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I can't wait to get my parts from the wa/ca group buy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif