Cool Little Tools

LED_ASAP

Enlightened
I just want to share my latest finding from HomeDepot with fellow CPFers. I believe this is a very good host for modding /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It is sold as a toy in a little package called <font color="red">Cool Little Tools</font>. The package comes with a flashlight, a 1m tape-ruler, a biner, and a clamp. The light is almost exactly the same size as a Legend AAA (aka. Lambda's MicroIlluminator).

CLT-MI.jpg

The body is decent aluminum construction. The Chemkote surface isn't as durable as HA-III used in Arc flashlights, but it should be comparable to MI's painted surface.

The lights can be easily disassembled:

Parts.jpg

Parts2.jpg

This light is reasonably water resistant. All the joints have O-rings (although the one in the tail cap is not as thick/wide as it should be so it's often crooked).

It has a decent reflector, almost with the same size and curviture as that in a MI. One draw back of this light is that the reflector is press-fitted by a crimp-seal, instead of by a screw cap. If you need to drill the reflector, you will have to do so in the bezel (and it's a hell of a job trying to clean the debris off the bezel afterwards).

It also has a nice clickie in the tail cap. When tested with the stock bipin bulb, it doesn't seem to flicker. What current this clickie can handle is a different question.

The best of all, the CoolLittleTools package is only CA$4.53---less than US$4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It should be a reasonably good host for LED mods, including Luxeon mods. (I haven't got chance to mod one yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif )

StuU

Enlightened
Looks interesting. Where is that in the Lowe's store? Tool section or by the checkout counter?