Malkoff HA 1CR123 current regulation? PWM?

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am interested in this, as I have one on the way.

I read the review posted by user zeroair of an older 1CR123 with 280Lm output, and was frankly quite shocked to read that the light is apparently not current regulated and used PWM.

Considering the price and reputation of Malkoff lights and drop-ins, I would not have expected this. I am not incredibly well versed in electrics and perhaps I am missing something. Are 1xCR123 lights generally unregulated? Are there some advantages to them not being current regulated? I really cannot imagine it.

I would like to know if anyone has noticed PWM on the newer style HA 1CR123 as they are currently sold on their website. specifically, the 185Lm neutral white model, as this is the one I will be receiving.

Any info you might have would be greatly appreciated.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Heck you can email Gene Malkoff and get info straight from the man himself.

I sent him one a while back with a question and got an answer in minutes. It's like the man is eating supper with one hand and answering emails with the other.

I have an older MDC 1aa that has PWM but I can't see it.

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heck you can email Gene Malkoff and get info straight from the man himself.

I sent him one a while back with a question and got an answer in minutes. It's like the man is eating supper with one hand and answering emails with the other.

I have an older MDC 1aa that has PWM but I can't see it.

I will second this. Gene may be busy but super responsive!

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not incredibly well versed in electrics and perhaps I am missing something. Are 1xCR123 lights generally unregulated? Are there some advantages to them not being current regulated?

Constant-current regulation is hard.