NCR18650b from Walmart online.

Replay13

Newly Enlightened
I just got two NCR18650b batteries from walmart dot com for $9.95 and free shipping. I found out after they was shipped that they come from Joy Buy in China.. I figured I would get a pretty bad battery, it was the same size and weighed the same at 46g, so I did the charge/test with the Opus 3400. I have one older but pretty new NCR18650 to compare it with, I think the Opus only discharges down to 3.1v. The Batteries from Walmart had a different and much bigger positive terminal, the rest of the battery looked identical. The mah of the battery I had showed 3251, and the mah of the one from Walmart showed 3082... any opinions on whether this is a real Panasonic or did I get a pretty good fake battery? Thanks.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got two NCR18650b batteries from walmart dot com for $9.95 and free shipping. I found out after they was shipped that they come from Joy Buy in China.. I figured I would get a pretty bad battery, it was the same size and weighed the same at 46g, so I did the charge/test with the Opus 3400. I have one older but pretty new NCR18650 to compare it with, I think the Opus only discharges down to 3.1v. The Batteries from Walmart had a different and much bigger positive terminal, the rest of the battery looked identical. The mah of the battery I had showed 3251, and the mah of the one from Walmart showed 3082... any opinions on whether this is a real Panasonic or did I get a pretty good fake battery? Thanks.

They're probably stale too boot.

Don't buy cells from ChinaMart.

Chris

john61ct

Newly Enlightened
Either way you'd get better longevity with newer formulations

LG M36 aka MJ1
SONY VC7
Samsung 35E

Replay13

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info, I'll check out those batteries.. the code on the walmart battery worked out to July 13 2019, but that is two years newer then the battery I had at May 11 2017... but I agree, I need a better place to buy them! The one I had came in a vape that I just bought a couple months ago. Seems like the vape should have had a newer battery with it!

john61ct

Newly Enlightened
Nah, the old stock is so cheap if you're buying by the container load, "free included" sales are just the way to get of them

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like a fake. Probably a Chinese cell, rather than a genuine Panasonic. It might still be a okay cell. But there are much better cells nowadays, so I don't think you got a great deal even if they're genuine.