• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired fs. brinkmann 3aa dropin

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
this is something i've had sitting around for some time, but was hestitant to sell it because by nature, the thermal path of a pill isn't as good as a permanently bonded heatsink. however, i need some cash, and every little bit helps. i've decided to sell this pill for $15 shipped, provided the buyer understands that the thermal path is good, but not optimal, and that this is an old ld emitter, of unknown bin. it seems to be warmish white, but not unpleasant.
the pill works well, but because it's not perfect, i decided to either junk it or sell it for cheap. this
again, i'm hesitant to sell it, because it doesn't live up to typical rothish quality standards, i guess you can think of it as a factory second /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

it was designed to drop into a brinkmann 3aa, and will not fit in a minimag, as the minimag hole is smaller.
it's constructed of a metal heatsink/pill, and a solder blob to make positive connection. as with all pills, care should be taken to make sure there is a clean thermal and electrical path from time to time.

sideshot.jpg

topshot.jpg

asking $15 shipped /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, that's pretty nice. Could a similar pill be made to direct drive a Red or R/O in a mini-mag?

Jon

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roth, if you do make a R/O etc drop in for a minimag defiantly post pics. I'll need or need to make one of these and I'm not sure where to get the aluminum chunk for it.

Mine will be press fit into the minimag though for ultimate thermal path.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
a heatsink could be made to go onto the mag from the top, and have a built-in positive (or even negative if you use the battery backwards for redish mods) and conduct contact via the sides, but i'd be concerned about proper contact being made to the sides...

a better choice would be to use a flat piece of aluminum or copper epoxied on top, and use the stock pill to establish connection, but then you're using the flimsy contact again, and with everything soldered in place, you can't get in there to clean up oxidation on the contact...
i'd personally be hesitant to use that method, but many people have lgi's and similar with the same setup, and i've never heard of that being an issue...it's just something i'd personally prefer to stay away from.

if you want something, let me know and i'm sure we could work something out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif