• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired HA3 CNC-123/MM+WO TYOJ/Sapphire/Fraen/Kroll *SOLD*

Halibut

Enlightened
Firefly II fundraiser continues.

Type III hard anodized CNC-123 with MM+WO TYOJ, sapphire crystal, Fraen, kroll, and split ring. This has been my trusty EDC and is in excellent condition.

O-rings included. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for looking!

Paypal non-cc, check, or money order.

$90

CNC123.jpg

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Re: HA3 CNC-123/MM+WO TYOJ/Sapphire/Fraen/Kroll

Awe man!!! The good things always come when I'm flashlight poor! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

Did you have it anodized?

Looks awsome, bet this ones gonna go fast. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Halibut

Enlightened

TwoGun,

PM replied. It's yours if you still want it.

Darkzero,

I had a very small batch of these anodized a few months ago. HA3 clear/natural. I was very impressed with the finish, and I'm sad to see it go. I've wanted a firefly for a looooong time, though.

-DT

Turd_Ferguson

Enlightened

Paypal sent! Sweet! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

hideo

Enlightened

DOH, what I get for sleeping in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Halibut, dibs on the next one? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

hideo

Halibut

Enlightened

Hideo,

If my SF-2 doesn't go to a good home, then I may part with one of my spares. We'll see. I believe Dan is contemplating a new run of hard anodized CNC-123s, though, and they would be an outstanding deal from what I've heard.

-DT

Justintoxicated

Flashlight Enthusiast

wow anotehr great deal I can not afford...Can you still even get saphire lenses?

Halibut

Enlightened

Jistintoxicated,

Wayne's sandwich shop carries sapphire lenses every now and then.

-DT

CNC Dan

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Halibut said:
Hideo,

If my SF-2 doesn't go to a good home, then I may part with one of my spares. We'll see. I believe Dan is contemplating a new run of hard anodized CNC-123s, though, and they would be an outstanding deal from what I've heard.

-DT

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed, I am working on a run of these. However, the quote came in a bit higher than I thought it would. The problem is that the HA will need to be removed from the area that the module contacts the head, and the threads. That means post ano' machining or custom masking at the plater. Eather way, in order to keep the cost down, I will need to have a bunch of them made. That means I will have to "invest" a few $K for this run, and there is no garentee that I will be able to sell enough to break even. I think I may just get then made plain, and get a quote for nickle plateing. If someone else would like to get them HAed, I would be willing to sell to them in large numbers at a discount.

cy

Flashaholic

Dan, Why don't cha ask for the funds in advance from those who want in on the order? That way you are not out of pocket several $K's and we all benifit from lower priced bodies that are HA.

I've already shelled out for firefly2 & XM-2. It's a safe bet that if we all didn't prepay. We would never see those items in production and/or prices would have be much higher to reflect cost of funds and risks.

Surely there would be many others that feel the same way.

Miciobigio

Enlightened

Dan, cy is right !!

Just start a post "Pre-List for CNC-123 HA3" then ask for prepay !

I'm in for sure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Justintoxicated

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey you can count on my $$, I already posted that I wanted one...

Takes money to make money, thats why I'm not rich...I have tons of ideas but ability to machine things, even willing to pay its hard to find someone to do it... Post machining would probably be the way to go. I think they would eventualy sell on here though...And you could unload alot of them right off the bat!

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast

between me and a couple of buddies, i think we'll take at least a half dozen of them and we'd be willing to pre-pay...

CNC Dan

Enlightened

I put in an order for 150 bodies.
I can get them nickel plated for about +$4.00

I don't want the hassle of taking prepayments, I don't even like taking orders as it is.

As far as HA goes, I may look into having caps/plugs made up.

Right now the owner of the shop is away untill 4/19. When he gets back I will know more about the cost to do HA.

Turd_Ferguson

Enlightened

I just love this light. I carry it all the time. Light, handy and bright, bright. My eyes just like a blue tint, I guess. I like the color much better than my Arc4+. Here's some pics.
I removed the o-rings and the split ring to give it a cleaner look. I replaced the o-rings with thin ones that fit in between the machining.
b.jpg

This image is of the lights side by side on the tub with the camera flash. The Arc4+ is on Level 1 it's brightest setting.
e.jpg

And this image is with no flash. The tub material and camera really exaggerate the tint. However, my eyes notice the Arc's green tint more than they notice the blue. It's YO tint for me, baby. Don't see it offered as much either as some of the other tints.
a.jpg

Thanks for the great deal! I'm carrying it more than the Arc now. It rocks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Halibut

Enlightened

I'm glad you like the light. Besides, now you have a nice sandwich to put in your Firefly when it arrives!

I was looking for those thin o-rings... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-DT

Maximum

Enlightened

You can also use GadgetLover Hi/Low spring assembly (10 ohms) for a 2 stage light. A slight twist of the kroll guard to select the intensity. It works like a charm and the o-ring preserve watertightness in either Hi or Low.

CNC Dan

Enlightened

I'm glad you like it. Where did you get the thinner O-rings from?
I couldn't find any thinner than .062" .
Don't forget you can stand the CNC-123 on end for area light.