LED Lenser

K Horn

Newly Enlightened
My daughter and I were killing some time today and stopped into our Military Exchange. They had some vendors displaying knives. One vendor however had some of the LED Lenser products from Germany. I picked up a couple of the V-8's for 9 bucks each. http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1008512870
It's a cute little light about the size of an ARC AAA. It reminds me of one of those lasers that you can pick up at most gas stations near the nascar lighters and pep pills.
It takes 4 LR-44 batteries and is claimed to last 100 hours on them. The switch is both a momentary and a continuous ON function. It is as bright as the ARC with a slightly more of a blue hue. You can unscrew the top and expose the entire LED for area lighting. The V-8 also has a pocket clip that can be removed or rotated over the switch to prevent it from accidently being turned on.
The V-8 feels like a pretty good light and you really can't beat the price.
I also saw the tiny LED Light that they produce with the weird battery. It was interesting but, I would have not a clue as to where to find a replacement battery for it.

Craig, if I get a chance to pick up one or two more of these, I will send one your way for testing.

just my two cents........

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by K Horn:
I also saw the tiny LED Light that they produce with the weird battery. It was interesting but, I would have not a clue as to where to find a replacement battery for it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have two of this cells lying around, I got it as a sparepart for a compass and a clino, but the instruments quit work first .-(
Have to look for them.