newbie needs advise

usair

Newly Enlightened
newbie needs advise

I want to buy this Diamond 2AA because I need a green 1 Watt LED, and also I don't want to wait for the Streamlight 2AA to come out. So anyway, I must choose between Bat Wing and Lambertian, what is the best?

Also is this the only green AA Luxeon on the market, or do you know a better AA or AAA available today?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: newbie needs advise

Nice find! Hmm, I like that its regulated...not just boosted. Myself...I would get it...white...high dome...30 degree optic.

So many new lights coming out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif Lets see...if I skip dinner every Tues and Weds I would have...well...if I stopped feeding the dog...kids don`t really need to eat every day do they?

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lambertian with optic of your choice = /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif
Give it a shot and let us know how it turned out.
We're interested in your findings.

usair

Newly Enlightened

Badbeams : yes, I was thinking 30 degree too. I "frosted" my green Arc-AAA LED /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif to have a lot wider beam.

Third shift : sure, but I'm not as equipped as you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif fine people /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif are (no current and light measurement) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast

Usair, thanks for the link on the 1st one... I was just browsing their products, and did anyone else see the 1W, 3W and bezel replacement for Mags? Seems interesting, wonder if it'll hold up as well as an Everled or similar though? Anyone tried it before?

Umm... sorry if I kinda hijacked your thread... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Edit: Ok sorry, I found another thread talking about this dropin module already...

utomatoe

Enlightened

Don't forget this is the same company that bought up over 40 luxeon/led domain names. The website looked really cheap and sleazy before.

Caveat Emptor. However, maybe they've gotten their act together. Their products do look very promising now.

usair

Newly Enlightened

Stanley : I just entered "1 watt Luxeon LED" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif to the new froogle.com search engine.

Utomatoe : yes, their customer service operator /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif didn't know nothing about LEDs.

....................................................................................................................

Irrelevant : another 2AA 1 watt is the Matrix 2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif it's very compact without the strap.