Mag-lite led replacement

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've read alot on this forum about PR base led's. I have a 2-C, a 2-AA and a 3-D. What would be the brightest bulb replacement be in a tight beam. Also from whom and an approximate price range. I, of course, would like use a CPF dealer if possible.
....Dana....
grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
For a 3-D cell Mag, I think right now the best drop-in LED replacement lamp *FOR THE MAG LITE* might be that new bulb from LEDCORP. It's brighter than any other single LED (by at least several times), the color is much less blue than other white LEDs, and it's focusable too.

Battery life (using D cells) is estimated at 100 hours, but this is a manufacturer's estimate, not mine. I have yet to do a run-time on this one, as I have another already in progress hogging up the equipment.
smile.gif

I have a newly-started page available at http://ledmuseum.home.att.net/lcpro3.htm but it is still in the early stages. The only real info there so far is just a couple of photos.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going to be offering (actually they are available now, I just don't have the website running yet) a "drop in" (reversable)LUXEON STAR LED module.

These work great in a 3D Mag with absolutely no heating problems.
MagLSBulb.jpg

More details will be available soon, including battery endurance and light output info.

They are going to be $35.00 dollars each.

Also will be available with Amber LS LED for use in a 2D Mag. (as long as I can get the amber LEDs from Gransee, as I can't afford to stock the minimum quantity that Future requires on the color LEDs)

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stingmon. How does this(pricy) bulb compare on light output as say to the regular mag, 2 or 3 cell, or a surefire 6P(the only lights I have)? BTW, I'm not against a multi-led array. I am all for tight and bright.
Thanks.
....dana....
smile.gif
grin.gif