ARC-AAA headstrap lanyard

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was fooling around with lanyards the other day for my ARC-AAA, and here is what I came up with. It allows you to use you ARC-AAA as a headlamp similar to the Jacstrap system ™

headstrap_lanyard3.JPG

Basically it is just a regular lanyard with the addition of a cordlock. Then you tie a slipknot into the lanyard and wrap it around the body of the light below the head. When you don't want to use it this way just slide the knot off and tug and the slipknot disappears.

rd022s.gif

Put it over your head and use the cordlock to tighten it.
Adjust for best fit, and to eliminate glare. It works well to free up your hands, I've used it to set up a tent in the dark and other camping chores.

I tried this with regular cord as well as bungie type cord and saw no discernible advantage to the bungie. For knot tying fanatics there is a way to do this using a sliding knot, anybody interested?
cool.gif

Warning this lanyard may not break away and could cause strangulation! Use at your own risk.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I created a sheath and lamp assembly cover for the ARC AAA. This should make the "little brute" last longer than the (I believe) ten-year warranty ARC is offering or at least until the CPF member # total reaches the next order of magnitude.
grin.gif

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cave dave:
I was fooling around with lanyards the other day for my ARC-AAA, and here is what I came up with. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All these arrangments I know aim the light too high. For a light of the ArcAAA's brightness, then angle down of a Petzl Tikka is the best.
For reading I just put the ArcAAA on my ear and it works like it should .-)
I'm also working on some kind of an ear strap. The light is resting on my ear and an elastic strap goes around the ear, protecting it from falling down. I know, some people will find this annoying, but it works for me.
Easist thing will be using a standard headband (sweat band) and putting some Velcro on the ArcAAA and the headband. It will allow easy angle adjustement