Did you modify Stinger? How?

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi folks,
I like to see any kind of modification on Stinger.
Bulb, battery, lens, reflector, body, charger and...
th_STINGER.jpg~original

Stinger is a great flashlight but not perfect.
Thanks for any comment and photo.

Last edited:

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not really a mod, but I replaced the old bezel/smooth reflector with a newer stippled one, and got a "Motivator" tailcap that makes the light a much more effective impact weapon.
Started to get a couple of 6V battery packs built, and use an HP upgrade kit w/UltraStinger bulb, but already having a US, and a SF Z3 w/SRTH, plus messing around with LED lights, I lost motivation somewhere along the way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
There was a bit of Stinger mod discussion here.

I got a custom 6v pack from Wilkey (Ginseng) and waiting on some WA01111 and WA01160 to arrive for use with it. I heard it will be a scorcher both in output and heat. Will only be a short time period use light in that config though due to the heat. The reflector will need it's hole opened up a bit to accomodate the WA bulbs.

The strippled reflector makes a nice inprovement as Owen mentioned if you have an older model. The newer models come with them already. I swapped my lens out for a B270 glass lens since it will need it when turned into a 6volter unless you don't mind melting lenses pretty fast. I've melted the stock lens in it's stock form a few times too. Don't you just hate when you leave the light ON by accident a resting it face down? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif