Excellent anti 419 scam site

lightnix

Enlightened
I just got pointed at Scamorama by a post in another forum. I know links have been posted to a couple of similar sites in the past, but this has to be the daddy of them all - it's brilliant.

419 scams are the "Advanced Fee" or "Nigerian" fraud attempts that we all get sent by e-mail from time to time. I used to just delete these, or respond to them with abuse, or by using the Flooble reply generator but that only works with a couple of scam models. Scamorama shows just how much fun you can have with these scumbags, but also contains some very sad stories about those who got caught out, not just through greed, but a misplaced desire to help someone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

My favourites are the stories with Lady Agatha, but the best of all has to be The Cthulu Chronicles which is on another site, linked to from Scamorama.

I am now definitely going to try baiting some scammers and made my first attempt this morning, using a Gerry Anderson "Thunderbirds" theme. I may have laid it on a bit thick, because he doesn't seem to have bitten, but I'm definitely going to try again.

Hours of fun, loads of links, highly recommended, enjoy !