Any PR based incandescent bulb that will run

jhereg

Enlightened
insanely bright on a 3x3 (9v)stack of 123 batteries? I might even be able to run 4x3 (12v) or 4x4 if I needed to with this light. I think I might manage to melt a flashlight if I can find the right bulb! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

jhereg

Enlightened
The KPR-112 runs bright on (3) 123 batteries. I am thinking about running 3 parallel stacks of 3 batteries for higher current. I don't know what I would use it for other than emitting lots of light, but it sounds like fun.

jhereg

Enlightened
I haven't tried it yet, but have confirmed they will fit. I have one of the 99c Eveready Plastic flashlights. I can run a stack of either 3 or 4 batteries. I can run at least 3 stacks & might be able to run 4. It has a partially faceted reflector & produces a nice beam. (With a KPR112 & 3 123 batteries it is just as bright & has a beam almost the equal of my 2C Mag w/ a PMR. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif This doesn't seem fair! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif ) At this point I'm looking for bulbs to see if the concept will work. I think I'll be ok in this housing until I either prove it doesn't work or decide to follow the idea. If I find an idea that works I will see if I can find a better host.