Cool 1 Watt Luxeon 1-CR123 w/pics!

indenial

Enlightened
I bought this online. It gives off a fantastic beam. And it's incredibly well-constructed. Anyone have any thoughts? I suspect it's a NUWAI. The packaging is very similar to other products they distribute.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
From the pics, I'd rate it cool also. I am curious about the optic and beam and size/dimensions though.

Larry

indenial

Enlightened
Hmmm. I'm a non-techie. The packaging says 1 watt Luxeon star LED with special design regulator circuitry, projector lens, water resistant. It's 4" long and 1" inch wide.

Greymage

Enlightened
I got one of these from another CPFer a while back... not that impressive compared to real lights. It's a very focused beam, like the Inova X1. The holes in the side are just annoying.

indenial

Enlightened
I would say the beam isn't as narrow as the Inova X1. I have both and have done a comparison. The centerspot is wider, softer, whiter and brighter.

Of course, it is a 1 watter and I doubt it compares with the new 1 watt Inova XO, but then again, it costs $20.00 less,is almost two inches shorter and runs on a single cell!

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool factor? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

indenial

Enlightened
Yeah, I think it's mainly aesthetic. It does make for a interesting sidespill! Also, it can serve to let one know if one has accidentally left the light on while standing on end.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Could you re-size the pictures to no more than 800 pixels wide? I have to scroll the pictures to see all of the picture.