OOOOOoo! Surefire LED???

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire Centurion (M2?) With 19 LED lamp!!!

DSCN1989.JPG

<LI>null
DSCN1991.JPG

DSCN1993.JPG

Make me one for an E2 and i'll buy it!

Found it at
www.pk-engineering.com

WaltH

Enlightened
I'll take one. Is this something that will be going into production? Fingers are crossed.
Any stats on runtime and lumens?

mikep

Enlightened
Well, since the reflector is built into the bezel, you couldn't have a lamp assembly with a bunch of LEDs. Maybe a replacement bezel with LEDs crammed in there would work.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Would love to see a test review done on this dude...

Anyone going to do it??????

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Brock, you had a proto type of this light for awhile didn't you? How does it compare to the ARC Ls or Trek 14 and 19?

Personally I don't think it will ever hit production as it isn't really Surefire's cup of tea and they have a lot on their plate for future products right now as it is, but we'll see.

Brock

Flashaholic
Yes I got to see this light. It can run on either 2 or 3 cell Surefire lights. It was on the M3 body when I had it. It is brighter then the Trek 1900. It is the brightest LED light I have seen to date. When I ran it on 2 cells it was about the same as the 1400. On 3 cells it ran 2.5 hours and on 2 cells it ran over 4. I would guess it has some sort of regulator built in and sat very constant through its runtime, but maybe it was just the lithium batteries? Then again it was a prototype I had, and maybe that is all it will ever be, but hopefully not.

It isn't a "lamp" replacement. It replaces the entire head on the light you want. I would guess they would make it for classic style lights and the newer millennium style lights, again for all 2 and 3 cell lights.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Brock for responding. Too bad it was only a prototype. Who and how is it decided that a prototype will be made for production?

<sigh> if only they could put this to a vote. I'm sure they'd get enoegh response to see that this would be a good idea.

WaltH

Enlightened
I have a couple M2's and the tailcap looks completely different. Is there something special about the tailcap on this light?

Brock

Flashaholic
Hummm, I hadn't noticed that tail cap before. I haven't seen it yet. Maybe it is just one of the many prototype parts PK has lying around and threw it in there to get attention
smile.gif
The light I had was a regular M3.

Doug

Enlightened
Brightest LED? How about compared to the LS?

Doug

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brock:
Yes I got to see this light. It can run on either 2 or 3 cell Surefire lights. It was on the M3 body when I had it. It is brighter then the Trek 1900. It is the brightest LED light I have seen to date. When I ran it on 2 cells it was about the same as the 1400. On 3 cells it ran 2.5 hours and on 2 cells it ran over 4. I would guess it has some sort of regulator built in and sat very constant through its runtime, but maybe it was just the lithium batteries? Then again it was a prototype I had, and maybe that is all it will ever be, but hopefully not.

It isn't a "lamp" replacement. It replaces the entire head on the light you want. I would guess they would make it for classic style lights and the newer millennium style lights, again for all 2 and 3 cell lights.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brock

Flashaholic
Yes the Surefire LED light was brighter then even the Arc LS, but remember the LS only has 1 led. Once someone comes out with a 4 or 9 LS light it will compare to the larger Surefires, but then it will cost as much and use as much power
smile.gif