Where can I get one cheaper....jeez!

Status
Not open for further replies.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow, talk about supply & demand /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Bet a brass AAA would go for a bomb right now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Spudman

Enlightened
What am I missing? Nascar, don't you already have, like, a bajillion of these? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

NoShadow

Enlightened
They are magnificent little lights. One of mine has found a home around my neck on a lightweight nylon cord. But unless you have dollars to burn, I would wait until you can purchase one from ARC without having to pay such a high premium to have one know. You can purchase an ARC-AAA Turquoise LED right now at the following link. For faster service I would recommend using their toll free number. With shipping your cost would be $31.90. The turquiose is very bright and an excellent light for preserving night vision. Below is the link:
http://store.knifecenter.com/pgi-ProductSpec?ARCATNAT

Check it out and give them a call. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

PS... I changed the above link as the previous one didn't work. The one shown here now will take you directly to the ARC light and it can be ordered from that page. I apologize.
Don't know why the original one didn't work.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
NoShadow said:
They are magnificent little lights. One of mine has found a home around my neck on a lightweight nylon cord. But unless you have dollars to burn, I would wait until you can purchase one from ARC without having to pay such a high premium to have one know. You can purchase an ARC-AAA Turquoise LED right now at the following link. For faster service I would recommend using their toll free number. With shipping your cost would be $31.90. The turquiose is very bright and an excellent light for preserving night vision. Below is the link:

http://store.knifecenter.com/pgi-CustomListProducts%3fAAA%20LEDS,2,158,=,led,&,160,=,aaa

Check it out and give them a call. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

[/ QUOTE ]

is turquoise really supposed to be good for night vision???? i didn't think it was, i actually thought the opposite. regardless, i've been using my arc aaa turquoise w/ garrity funstik tube as a tent light and haven't really noticed it being that bad on my night vision......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

NoShadow

Enlightened
Well, it is sometimes called 'night-vision green' and while it may not be as effective as red for not impairing night vision, it provides a better light-at least for me-than red and provides much faster recovery to night sight than the white does. I suppose there are differences in people which makes it somewhat a personal experience. But for me, after it's use in the dark, I don't notice that I have been effected much as far as seeing without light.

Mattman

Enlightened
Maybe the "night vision green" refers to the fact that the green color works better with night vision equipment. I work with a recently retired Army helicopter pilot that has several dim green finger lights that he said they used because they worked best with their night vision equipment for reading maps and such. Just a thought.

turbodog

Flashaholic
local outdoor shop probably still has some original aaa's in stock. call discount hunting and fishing in jackson, ms

they are regular retail price

NoShadow

Enlightened
That's possible,too, I would guess. I was just letting Jeffrey know where he could get an ARC-AAA without bidding any higher on the eBay auction and paying such a high premium. If he doesn't want a turquoise LED,my suggestion won't be of much value. But the turquoise LED is bright and would serve well if the color isn't a problem. The night vision comments were secondary and not the purpose of my post. But I appreciate the additional information.

Status
Not open for further replies.