Fedex I hate you.

matt_j

Enlightened
Yup. I hate FedEx. Every since their lazy drivers would pass by my house and not stop to unload my packages because they looked to bulky. But this time they really over did it.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gifI place an order with a merchant. Merchant makes a mistake with my home number and instead of 2433 puts 3433. Stuff happens. Not a big deal. I caught it after first delivery attempt on Monday, called FedEx directly they did make a correction. Tuesday rolls around I look at the tracking message and it still says incorrect address. At this point I'm little ticked off. I mean I need my flashlight especially since there we some problems with production line and want to make sure it is all right. I call FedEx and ask them what the deal is and ask them if maybe they have problem locating my house they can send the package to my work. I was told that there is no problem, they have correct address but in order to change it to something else they need merchant to call in. No big deal I call the merchant he calls them my address gets updated to my work location. Wednesday comes and my package is being attempted to be delivered to my home again. Again tracking message says incorrect address. I call FedEx asap. They say that since package was updated by the merchant it will not get to me until Thursday. When I ask why the package is on delivery to my home they say that merchant called too late. Fine I buy that. But when I asked why if they have my home address they still display "incorrect address" message… I was told that my home doesn't exist. Wow. I got worried and called my neighbor to make sure my house still stands. At this point I'm angry. I get some top manager on the phone she does her magic and I actually get a call back from my local FedEx office promising delivery on Thursday. My oh my I'm so happy since the lady said package was right in front of her and she will personally make sure it is going into right direction. 10:30 on Thursday I get a phone call from Cincinnati saying that there's been a SNAFU and my package was not transferred over and is still in the old location but they will fast track it. At 3 pm I'm told my company Morgan Stanley has been closed (or business doesn't exists) according to the driver and he couldn't make a delivery. MS is open 24/7 with 24/7 security, 12/7 mail room coveragewhen the hell did we get closed? I get into the office this morning there is a voice mail apologizing. Still no sign of FedEx.

Now this is a 5 day adventure. I don't really know what to do at this point. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Matt

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
It might be easier to just have them hold it at their station or depot or whatever it's called and pick it up yourself. Hopefully they still know where that is.

matt_j

Enlightened
Problem is depot is 45 min drive from my house without a traffic. I work my desk job and than hop on the ambulance and do my shifts there. 2 hrs I would waste to pick it up is my sleep time or dog quality time. I refuse to give up my free time because some incompetent moran can't find my house or is too lazy.

Matt

drchow

Newly Enlightened
File a complaint with Fedex, Fedex supervisors have an AX to grind:) I know I personally gotten a few fedex drivers fired for being an ***.

Delta_FHInX

Newly Enlightened
I guess Fed Ex and UPS has been good to be so far. All the drivers deliver inside my front gate and once even (to my relief) in my side gate. Also when I'm home, they say "Have a good one". That always makes me laugh, but I feel good to have such a corteous driver.

mattheww50

Flashlight Enthusiast
The folks at 1800 go fedex are paid to answer the phone, beyond that, they really don't care, and for the most part
as an individual customers, they don't care about You, unless You happens to be IBM, GM, Ford, etc. And if you think regular Fedex is bad, wait till you have to deal with Fedex Home.They make UPS look good.

In any event, if you aren't getting anywhere with the 800 people, you need to make a call to Memphis (Fedex HQ during business hours).
Now Fedex and for that matter, UPS don't have listed main numbers for some reason. They must hope to discourage you from calling that way, and of course, the people at the 800 number
are never provided with such a number. It might actually be useful for their customers!

Never Fear, if you to the company website, and follow the links to investor relations, call up any of the SEC filings (10K, 10Q, Proxy statement etc), the cover page on every one of them as a matter of law has the HQ phone number. Call it and ask to speak to the office of the President. There is a cadre of warm bodies in the office of the president at both Fedex and UPS whose job it is to pick up the pieces after monumental f*ckups... These people have the ability to bring the Wrath of God down upon ordinary employees.

Unlike the 3rd Junior assistant flunkies at the 1 800 numbers, when someone from Fred Smith's Office calls and says jump, there is onlyacceptable response if you want to remain employed, 'How High?'. I had Fedex Home make deliveries at 11PM after the riot act was read to someone following such a conversation. If someone from Fed Smith's Office says go out into the warehouse, find the package and deliver it NOW, you better believe that is exactly what is going to happen, otherwise someone is going to be looking for employment the next day

It is all a matter of understanding how to work the right levers to make things happen.

drchow

Newly Enlightened
I second that...and when I was commenting earlier it was in reference to FedEx Home. Those guys are f*ckups..they make UPS ground look so good when they're both compared!

I filed a complaint regarding miss delivery and lied on status about a driver. The same driver came to my house twice to beg my mother who was home at the time to have me call his manager. By now I was very upset that he showed up at my door when he had no business doing so since he's not making a delivery. I told my mother my shotgun had 3 in the barrell ready to rock'n roll next to the umbrellat basket and if the guy gives any hostile attitude, to take care of it.

So I called up a friend I flew with back in the days who's now at FedEx Aviation and got put through someone who had abilities to resolve a serious dangerous matter and great civil liablity to fedex regarding harassment of a customer.

Needless to say next few times FedEx home came around, it was a new driver. I asked where the old driver was and i was informed he was no longer with fedex.

Kristofg

Enlightened
I don't get this, you lied on the status about a driver and threatened to shoot him if he came around once more to ask you to correct it with his manager??? I'd think that if he was threatened to be fired because you lied about him, it would be pretty normal for him to ask you to straighten it out with his manager, no?

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think what drchow meant was that the driver lied about the status of the business/address, and that was one of the issues he filed a complaint about.

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMO at least here both UPS and FEDEX s*** big time

With FEDEX they needed almost a week to re-deliver my ARC4 after I rejected delivery due to false duty/VAT charges on a repair shipment. The next time when ARC again miss-shipped I spent quite some time on the phone to make sure it gets here again after only like two days ....

The craziest thing with UPS lately was when I was waiting for a pick-up for a Notebiook repair, the confirmed pick-up time was like Thursday 5PM, at 5:30 I call the guy who arranged the pick-up telling him they didn´t show and that I had to leave but my wife would still be there and the Notebook is ready to get picked up. On Friday UPS shows up, delivers some parcel which coincidentally was shipped from the same company but still no pickup, when I ask about the Notebook to be picked up the guy is like "I have no idea" ....

OK, as Cebit is coming up I yell at the guy arranging things, go out and buy a new HDD, fix the Notebook myself with the new drive, flash a new BIOS, re-install everything, and in between get the message that the official UPS line is that nobody was at home Thursday 5PM when they came by to pick it up - HUUU - WHAT ???? - I was there, no sign of a driver or a left note anywhere, and the next day the guy says "no idea" when I ask him about the to-be-picked-up Notebook - WTF ?? Anyway - Notebook is OK again and I have the UPS pick-up canceled.

Funniest thing in the end is that 4 WEEKS later a new UPS driver rings and has some unspecified pick-up to do - it takes me some time and careful review of the paperwork to realize that this is the "second" attempt to pick up the Notebook - I had a real good laugh then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Klaus