do we have any gamers here?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i love to play video games but hated to play them on my pc. and now i got my xbox im addiacted again finshsed silent hill 2 today. took like 16 ours was a good game.but i didnt like to have to solve all them puzzles and the ending was very sad..i have to get my games used. There to expensive new.so do any of ya all game and what games do ya play. i had a post like this before but cant find it

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ty empath should i dlete this one or bump that one.i dont wanna mess up the data base .or what ever they call it

Empath

Flashaholic
I think we can live with both of them. The other one is rather dated.

zackhugh

Enlightened
Silent Hill 2 was pretty good and I enjoyed it despite lots of magazine reviews to the contrary. Very creepy, especially that cage thing with all the birds at the end. Yeah, some of the puzzles were difficult and took a little away from the experience. I hear Fatal Frame 2 provides a similar or better experience in the action/horror genre.

Haven't played much recently despite having a couple of unfinished titles for my PS2.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
cool ty empath. zach playing silent hill 2 many areas actuly made me jump im still geting used to xbox and its controlers move and scare me cause they will be still for a lomg time to a monster atacks. o that cage thing was maria i thought?hey when ya played it did she at very end have what apeared to be a suicide note?that was so sad. edie was the hardest monster for me.the cage thing i used a pistol ran from one corner to corner fireing when i got to corner runing to other corner as it aproached

Topper

Flashaholic*
Hi raggie, I will check with my son Eric as to whats up on that stuff we PS2 so I do not know much about Xbox stuff.
I do know that he has a game where the cops chase him and wreck his car. First time I saw it I shut him down. Eric
told me he was "undercover" so he is the good guy just doing that under cover stuff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

zackhugh

Enlightened
Sorry, I played this so long ago (two years?) I didn't remember much about the cage thing except that it was a woman (the primary female character in the story--Maria thanks) and that it was scary-looking. Since you're playing it on the Xbox you should have superior graphics. I believe there were different endings depending on what you did. The ending I got if I recall correctly was a suicide note and the sad music with the view looking up from the water. Kind of blew me away--I wasn't expecting that kind of ending. There were some other hidden things too, and you could restart the game and get equipped with a chainsaw early on (after you leave the parking lot). Kind of a worthless weapon though--takes too much to kill zombies with.

Maria was fairly easy to kill but it took a few tries at the action scene before this where you fight two of those big monsters with the wheelbarrow-looking things on their heads. Had to keep blastin' them with the shotgun and try not to take too much damage.

I really liked the fog effect, especially when you're running through the town and rowing the boat.

If you like survival horror games, see if you can get a cheap copy of Fatal Frame: Crimson Butterfly. I hear it's the scariest game around.

Metal Gear Solid was great for PS2 and I think it's available on Xbox. I can't wait for the next Metal Gear. It's supposed to involve complex enemy AI and require the need to ingest food as part of survival gameplay.

Chengiz

Enlightened
If you are looking for XBox challenging game and you like FPS (first person shooters, check into Halo. That was the hottest game for a long time. Now everybody is on the edge of their seats waiting for the long over due Halo 2, December of this year.

For stealth action, try Splinter Cell. I am towards the end of Splinter Cell, Pandora's Tomorrow. Most of the time you arre better off not lighting anybody up in this series.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
next pay day im getiing halo and putting away for my next flashlight.im still shcked that ive read from many places that it cost microsoft like 300 to make a xbox.and it sells for 149.something even more cool is that they say the new ones have 20 gig hardrives but they lock out the last 12 gigs but they couldnt find 8 gis as ealsy as 20 gigs.i love my xbox. i play madden 2002 a lot to.i almost got a bunch a ganes last night are rental places is going under and they had lots of used games

Stefan

Enlightened
I managed to finish Halo for the Xbox with a friend. We even did the hardest level, Legendary. Man, that was tense. I can't wait for Halo 2 to come out.

I enjoy a lot of Tom Clancy based games. I have Splinter Cell, and Ghost Recon. Both highly recommended, if you have to patience for a non first person shooter.

I was pretty good in the Grand Theft Auto series, namely GTA3 and Vice City (for the PS2). It seems my discs are getting harder and harder for my system to read them anymore. Maybe I'll grab a double pack for the Xbox, I've read that the Xbox version is the best version available.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i always wanted a ps2.i love sony i hate microsoft but after waiting since the relase of the ps2 to be able to afford it i started to research xbox and was very inpreased other then the haveing to pay to play online

Chengiz

Enlightened
The problem with cross overs from PS2 is that they didn't upgrade the graffics. I have Medal of Honer Frontline for both PS2 and XBox. The Xbox has way more detail. MOH came from ps2 to Xbox. Also have Splinter Cell for both systems. Splinter Cell went from Xbox to PS2. Much better looking graphics for the Xbox.

I think the reason for this is that PS2 has grown up from gaming platforms. Xbox evolved from the PC experience and is built as a computer.

I like both systems equally. PS2 has more variety available due to its gaming evolution. The Xbox games are just awesome, but not plentiful.

tygger

Enlightened
Personally i think nothing can compare to PC gaming. That is, if you can afford a decent gaming rig. The modding community, the built in game/level editors, etc. That said, Silent Hill 1 @ 2 were pretty spooky. Favorite PC game of all time so far is Operation Flashpoint. OF 2 is coming out at the end of the year and it will be amazing. Huge maps, open level design, drive any and all vehicles, airplanes, etc. Half Life 2 won't be bad either. Now if i just had an extra $5000 dollars to build my custom rig...

illumiGeek

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Stefan said:
...(for the PS2). It seems my discs are getting harder and harder for my system to read them anymore...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are getting Disk Read Errors you may be able to get a FREE repair (even if your warranty is expired, or you have no warranty). Take a look at this.

wiredgargoyle

Newly Enlightened
For the last few years I've been playing MMORPGs alot, mainly went from Everquest to Dark Age of Camelot. Recently, it's been all about playing Diablo 2 again for some reason.

I've got an Xbox and have been playing with the GTA boxed set and fooling around with a used copy of Tony Hawk's Underground.

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I won't be able to build my gaming PC until after I get back home, but I've been making do with my X-Box. I'm waiting for Halo 2, Half-Life 2, and Doom 3 to be released. Obviously I like the FPS. I'm waiting for a few games my wife mailed to me, Morrowind (she didn't know which one), and Splinter Cell. I've been playing Midtown Madness 3 quite a bit lately. Mostly desperation for any type of diversion, and that was the only game the PX had.
I'm tempted to put a mod chip into mine and geta larger hard drive so I can just put the games directly on the drive to reduce the load times, and so I don't have to worry about damaging the disks as much. There's so much bloody dust around here that everything always has a light coating.
I'm also thinking about the two Balder's Gate games. I wish that there were more RPG's out for the X-Box. It seems as if the PS2 has them all.

JOshooter

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
zackhugh said:
Metal Gear Solid was great for PS2 and I think it's available on Xbox. I can't wait for the next Metal Gear. It's supposed to involve complex enemy AI and require the need to ingest food as part of survival gameplay.

[/ QUOTE ]

It deals a lot with camo, wearing the right camo and face paint, the enemy won't find you, wear the wrong, you will stick out like a sore thumb. Standing, kneeling, and prone(lying down) also contribute to your "camo index". The camo patterns that I know of are: Olive Drab, Tiger Stripe, Leaf, Tree Bark, Black, Snow, and Fire. I'm not sure if there are more, but knowing the creator there probably is. And you also have to travel from place to place avoiding enemy patrols, and as part of the new survival theme, yes, you do have to eat to stay healty. I really am looking forward to the release of this game. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

naromtap

Enlightened
Have'nt got an Xbox but my son has a PS2 but I much prefer the PC for games anyway; Microsoft Flight Sim 2004 Proffesional Edition being my long standing favorite but Far Cry & TOCA 2 are great new games tho I only have the demo's of these two! I did enjoy Halo for a while tho!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i stilll sometimes still wish i got a ps2 . i cant play online with xbox and i love to play online agasit others from all over the world.they require a credit card with xbox i dont have one.i wrote microsoft but with my writeing they probaly thoght i was a idiot.but they did reply saying that they are planing to change it