Peak Open for business

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, it appears that Peak Led Solutions is open for business for those interested. I'll be looking for some reviews in the near future!

Peak Led Solutions

OK, The site is up, but you can't order from the cart yet.

jhereg

Enlightened
I ordered a 3LED Brass AAA. Their warranty is not adequate for me to buy much more than 1 flashlight, but I want to try one. My suggestion for them is to increase their warranty to at least 1 year. That is the minimum I normally see for a quality product. If they can't stand behind AT LEAST a 1 year warranty, why should we buy it in the first place?

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm interested.

I see a lot of blank holes for future lights and the picture are a bit big for the Internet. The pictures are 1.2 meg pictures and the compressed size of each picture are over one half meg. That is well larger then the standard Internet sized 640 x 480 pixel size. But that size is nice for printing out picture...if they weren't so fuzzy. I'm glad I have cable Internet because the pictures would be slow loading on a phone modem. It looks like they are pictures from a camera that was hand held at too low a shutter speed. Ahhh, the problems of getting a web site started. I've been there. Too much work and not enough time to do it all.

But I'm really not complaining. Peak does have a good selection of light and they are trying. How's the quality of the lights? The brass ones look so good. I wonder if the electronics are the same in the single LED and multi-LED lights in each series of different lights.

Nice find, Fitz! Thanks for sharing!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
be careful to note the 90day warantee, and 30day satisfaction guarantee, but you only get the 30day guarantee if you order directly from peak...

are all the pictures vorking for everyone?
i only get several...

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess only some products are available- the rest don't have pictures yet. Maybe that's good considering the way the large pictures look! Interesting to note, you can try to order, but on the check-out page it says they are not open, and the order page is for testing purposes only. I'm glad I saw that before I hit continue! Did anyone else read the .pdf that is availabe on the FAQ page? I don't have the technical expertise to decode some of it, so I'll be interested hearing what the opinion of it is.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only wish there were more options... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Matterhorn Collection

Kilimanjaro Collection

Alpine Collection

Pikes Peak Collection

McKinley Collection

K2 Collection

Everest Collection

And coming soon...

*Annamerria Dallasandra Collection ( Summer of 2004 )

*Stainless Steal Series ( Summer of 2004 )

*N-Mini Series ( Summer of 2004 )

*Cave Collection ( Fall of 2004 )

*Ocean Series ( Fall of 2004 )

*Volcano Series ( Fall of 2004 )

*Hurricane Series ( Fall of 2004 )

WTF?

Peter

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like a nice site, I agree with the warranty being a issue. If the quality is there a 1 year shouldn't be that big of a deal for them to provide. Makes me wonder a little but I must say I like the concept of their multiple models.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
or rather, if the quality is there, a 50year or lifetime warantee shouldn't be that big of a deal for them to provide /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

MrMom

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
haveblue said:
... and the picture are a bit big for the Internet. The pictures are 1.2 meg pictures and the compressed size of each picture are over one half meg. That is well larger then the standard Internet sized 640 x 480 pixel size. But that size is nice for printing out picture...if they weren't so fuzzy. I'm glad I have cable Internet because the pictures would be slow loading on a phone modem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I made several attemps to load the page on dial up. It's too big to load. I guess that the market is self limiting to those only with a high speed connection. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll be.... they really do call it the "Stainless Steal Series".

Coming Soon at Peak

Now that's a hoot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Britt

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh Well, not all of the pic's are loading /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/knight.gif

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
I could not see most of the pictures either. It was fun to count the spelling and the number of grammatical errors per page. I wonder if they'd like to hire a quality control person??? I can do flashlights AND web pages for them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Daniel

Aten_Imago

Banned
As a mountain lover- at least they got my favourite Peaks in there
Did the LED museum do a full review of these? I'm going to pass unless Craig OK's thier stuff. After all, ordinary looking as it is, My Dorcy gets the job done for $6.00.
AI

[ QUOTE ]
LitFuse said:
I only wish there were more options... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Matterhorn Collection

Kilimanjaro Collection

Alpine Collection

Pikes Peak Collection

McKinley Collection

K2 Collection

Everest Collection

And coming soon...

*Annamerria Dallasandra Collection ( Summer of 2004 )

*Stainless Steal Series ( Summer of 2004 )

*N-Mini Series ( Summer of 2004 )

*Cave Collection ( Fall of 2004 )

*Ocean Series ( Fall of 2004 )

*Volcano Series ( Fall of 2004 )

*Hurricane Series ( Fall of 2004 )

WTF?

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

DallasA

Enlightened
Good Evening Everyone.

Sorry, I have been away for a couple days here on CPF. I have been very busy putting the last bit of details together for the lines.

The day has come that everyone has been waiting for. There are a few things I like to inform you about before I get to the questions.

Yes, the site is up. There are several things that will be completed over the next few days.

I apologize for the photo size. That issue will be cleared up on Friday.

You will notice that not all photos are posted at this time. The reason for this is we will be uploading each one over the next week as each line passes final Q&C.

The items that you do see are available for shipping and we will be adding to the list threw the week.

As I posted before: The site will be available to view the first few days wile we finish setting up a few items.

Some of you will find that you have been able to get to "final check out process". Please be assured that we have received these orders and will be processing them right away. In the mean time if you wish to order you can do so by way of Paypal.

I am aware of some things that need to be fine tuned on the site and will be addressing these items on Friday as well.

On behalf of Peak LED Solutions Inc. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gifI would like to personally thank everyone for their patience. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gifPlease contact us directly with any questions and we will be more then glad to assist you.

Thank you,

MJ

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
At the definite risk of being called a shill (again), I would like to complement Peak Led Solutions on their web site and on what looks to be a very promising product line. Definitely got some kinks to be worked out, but that's only natural.

I guess I accidentally got to the final checkout this afternoon, but I couldn't resist putting in an order for an actual non-prototype light. I picked the 1 C123 7 led brass model. The closest I have to that right now is an early Arc-LS. It will be interesting to compare these two - at least until I get my Fire~Fly II in.

Eagerly waiting for more developments. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

HgRyu

Enlightened
DallasA,

I have two requests on your web.
1) Please add a payment method by Paypal.
2) I appreciate your shipment to out of states but please reduce USPS Global prority mail cost to $5~$8. $15 is too expensive for a good of $29 which is shipped to within States at free.

Thanks.

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
Ok I have not been keeping up with most of this lately so forgive me if this answer is obvious.
Can you tell me if this company is going to offer any Luxeon lights.I do like the LED versions I see and plan on ordering at least 3 for right now.The idea is very interesting as to the set up of these lights and the appearance is very catchy.Hope to get a few soon and look forward to future products.So how about it DallasA any plans on some 1 watt or even 3 watt Luxeons from your product line.Sorry if you already have them on your site but I could not find any info on this.

03lab

Enlightened
That is the worst website I have come across in a long time, I hope you didn't pay anyone for that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif