Custom Mod RQ: Lux III w/SC Bayonet mount (12-14V)

Canuke

Enlightened
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post something like this, so mods feel free to move it...

My 1995 Honda Del Sol is sitting in Culver City someplace with its bumpers and hood looking a bit the worse for wear after I was the meat of a 3-car sandwich on the 405 southbound... anyhow, it should be going into a bodyshop soon for repairs once the at-fault driver's insurance company gets its ship together.

I figure that this is an opportunity to devise two 3x3 Luxeon III replacements for the stock auxiliary lights (NOT the headlights). These would be similar to the Inretech Trilight but built for the 15mm single-contact bayonet mount, and regulated for the highly variable automotive 12-14V supply. I'm assuming that the mount would be sufficient for the primary support, but I can probably add something for this (using the salvaged assemblies) if it's not enough for the weight of the heatsink. Beam spread would be similar to the Trilight also, as these are meant to be running lights for being seen rather than seeing.

Currently unknown is the length needed between the SC base and the unit itself so that it sticks far enough into the reflector assembly to fit. I expect to do some cutting to the assembly to get it inside, but plan to retain the bayonet mount itself. If none of this makes sense, I can make mockups in CGI (computer generated imaging) quite easily if needed, for clarity.

So, my question is: who'd be willing to build these for me? What should I expect to pay for such work? While I do have hardware knowledge and some tools, it's been years since I dabbled in circuit design & soldering, and would like something with the polish of some of the work I see in here, rather than something flakey of my own hand... I got out of hardware and into CGI for a reason /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

thanks...