• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: 3D luxeon mod **SOLD**

ubermensch

Enlightened
Hey folks, here's a mod I did with a black maglite and a SX1K LuxIII. Comes with a normal reflector, acrylite lens, and sputtered reflector. Runtime will depend on the type of batteries you run in it. I use 2200mAh D NiMH and get about an hour and a half of "good" light, then it starts to irritate me and I recharge them. Here is a shot of the bubble in the dome, with the acrylite or sputtered reflector it does not effect the beam.

3dLED_copy.jpg

Asking $55 shipped, which is the actual cost in parts. Post here if interested. I take non-CC paypal. I have scads of other pictures of it if you want to see them, there are a few small dings on the tube, but it is in good shape overall.

Here is a shot at ~6, L3D on left vs. MM+R2H w/ sputtered reflector on lithiums on the right. This is the whitest luxeon I've seen.

beamshot4.jpg

For more beamshots, look here . Thanks for looking.

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: 3D luxeon mod

Can this mod easily be transferred into my 3D camo M@g?

BTW, I lived in IC for 17 years (left for CA in '87).

Thanks.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast

Does this use a hotlips for a heatsink? Also, could I see a few more pictures? Thanks

-Mike

EDIT: Any converter or is it DD? Voltage range? Thanks again.

ubermensch

Enlightened

No, it does not use a hotlips heatsink. It is one that I got from UFOkillerz, I don't know where he got it.

3dfront.jpg

3dfull.jpg

3dfront2.jpg

Direct drive--K bin Vf (3.51V-3.75V), it seems to prefer NiMH over alkalines. It is just dimmer on alkies.

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd probably snag this if I had some D rechargeables /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif