More fun with my arc4+ and a suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk

Newly Enlightened
Last week I went through another cavern (regular tour) and only me and the guide had flashlights. She had a mag, and was using it to point at a feature in the very dimly lit room. I thought she could use some help, so I lit up my arc4+ at level 1. Wow, it really filled the room, and everyone turned to see where the light was coming from. I chuckled at the comments. What a great light.

A few months ago I spent all day in a primitive cave tour, and the light, hanging from my lanyard, ended up being comstantly hit against rocks as I crawled around. After cleaning off the mud, I was very surprised not to find a single nick in the HA. My friend was using my lshf-p, and it ended up with two nicks, but nothing like what I expected.

One suggestion is in regard to the knurling. I spend a good bit of time working on cars, and my light gets a bit greasy. I clean it off before I go to my real job, but the knurling is difficult to clean, where as the rest of the light just wipes off. The clip gives my all the grip I need to hold the light, so I would love to see a knurl free arc4. At least mine is a rev1.

Status
Not open for further replies.