Anyone know anything about a QS 9?

GQGeek81

Newly Enlightened
I saw one of these on Ebay with a few minutes left to go and picked it up for $7.80 + shipping. Got it today. Must say for the price I am truely impressed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2020&item=4135804109&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW&tc=photo

Other then what the auction says I know nothing about the thing. It doesn't have a brand name on it, comes with no instructions, and looks a bit homeade but at the same time its very nice. If I saw this in a store somewhere I'd expect it to be something like $45.
Its 1" at its thickest by 3.5" long I'd tell you more about the holster but after pulling it out in the excitement to turn the thing on and point it straight at my eyes (you know your going to see nothing but spots even with a weak like but you gotta do it anyway) I aparently lost it. Oh well, it will turn up later.

The switch is a bit confusing in the auction. It turns on by screwing the back end in all the way. For momentary you unscrew a turn or so and then push the button in. There's also no lanyard attachment although I suppose since its narrow in the center you could tie on to it and be fine.

I'd like to know if anyone knows more about this.. I get the impression this guy is making them himself and is probably a board member. In any event I will report back later after I take it out in the dark tonight.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
This light was sold on the CPF by "haveblue" as the "Bowling Pin". Here's the story on these lights.

Look here for a runtime plot.