Longow convert

Wildcat

Enlightened
I met the termite inspector at the house today. First thing I noticed was he was carrying a 2AA Brinkman in his belt pouch. We went to the closet to inspect the bath traps. He pulls out his Brinkman to so he can see the screws to remove the panel. The thing was so dim that it barely lit up the screw heads. I pulled my Micra out of my pocket and shined it on the panel. The entire area lit up and he said, "WOW, where can I get one of those?" So I wrote down Flavio's website and gave him the address.

No big deal, just wanted to share the story /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

machulu

Newly Enlightened
Hopefully He won't take one look at the price and say "nevermind" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

~Stephen

capnal

Enlightened
OK, a few months back, the repair man came to install a new pump / motor in the dishwasher. I was not there, but my wife called me at my office and she was cracking up! The repair guy seemed even a little embarrased that he didn't even have a flashlight with him and had to ask to borrow one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif
"Excuse me, ma'am, but you wouldn't happen to have a flashlight I could borrow would you?"

Is this common with repair folk? Does most of the world either not own or not really care about such an essential tool? I mean, especially if you are in a profession where you actually NEED it?

SenorLuce

Banned
I could post a 'mean' answer but I wont. Basically, America is lit up like a Christmas tree - who needs flashlights? Other parts of the world get about 1/4 the wired ambient that we have. so that explains that part. I bet most repairmen in America all have bottle openers on thier keychains- rather than flashlights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

[ QUOTE ]
capnal said:
OK, a few months back, the repair man came to install a new pump / motor in the dishwasher. I was not there, but my wife called me at my office and she was cracking up! The repair guy seemed even a little embarrased that he didn't even have a flashlight with him and had to ask to borrow one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif
"Excuse me, ma'am, but you wouldn't happen to have a flashlight I could borrow would you?"

Is this common with repair folk? Does most of the world either not own or not really care about such an essential tool? I mean, especially if you are in a profession where you actually NEED it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't care how much a country is "lit up", when you have to look inside of a machine in a dimly room, whether it be a washing machine, a server case, or a toaster, if you do it for a living, you should have the tools that will let you complete the job without borrowing from the owner. What would you think if you went to the auto shop and the mechanic asked you to borrow a screwdriver to fix your car? Would you go back? It's a matter of being professional. Speaking of professionalism, this is not the place to make cracks about other peoples professions. It certainly won't make you any friends.