Blue-green power-LED?

jwe

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

does anyone knows power-LED's that emitts in the wavelength range between 485 and 495 nm in maximum. If it exists where can I purchase these LED's?

Thanks for help. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Photonian

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
jwe said:
Hi,

does anyone knows power-LED's that emitts in the wavelength range between 485 and 495 nm in maximum. If it exists where can I purchase these LED's?

Thanks for help. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How about the Luxeon 1 Watt cyan (505nm) or the Luxeon blue (470nm)? Both emit some light in your target wavelength. The Cyan is pretty darn close anyway.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
jwe said:

[/ QUOTE ]
The LED wavelength range you want is often called "Tokyo Blue", because the traffic signal bulb in Japan that means "go" is this color - a distinctly bluish or cyan blue-green color. Not more greenish (500-520nm) that is usually seen here in traffic signals that have been retrofitted with LEDs.

As for where to obtain LEDs in this wavelength range (485-495nm), I'm like that toy telephone they advertised on TV a few years back - I'm "Clueless". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah that's the magic color everyone likes but no one has... Luxeons (cyan) are more of the green traffic light color for that very purpose.

jwe

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to all.

I just had the idea to replace a laser in this wavelength range. In my application I have to excite dyes in biological cells. I tried the Luxeon 1W 470 nm with some reasonable results, but far away from the laser. The 505 nm may emit some more power in my target region.
There is a 490 nm LED from ETG Inc. With this few mW I expect I will see nothing.