Cree led (Telephony Help?)

B@rt

Flashaholic
Hi Telephony,

this maybe not the right place to talk about this, but I'm sorry to say I visit CPF more than your site... So, here it goes, I've just purchased an "ultra violet keychain/flash light", sold by hi_iq. Am I right in assuming that there is a Cree led in there ?

May be you are aware of it, but I was looking for info on the Cree led, and noticed your pages still have the 'wait 'till after jan 1st for more info" on there. I tried to discover the info on your other pages, but I can't find it. (must be my poor English, I'm sure). Can I find it somewhere else?

Anyways, any info would be greatly apprecieted.

Sincerely,
Bart
grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlackBart:
Hi Telephony,

this maybe not the right place to talk about this, but I'm sorry to say I visit CPF more than your site... So, here it goes, I've just purchased an "ultra violet keychain/flash light", sold by hi_iq. Am I right in assuming that there is a Cree led in there ?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The LED in there does use a Cree chip.
The sample I bought had one on the longer end of the wavelength range, probably in the 407-409nm area, which is distinctly bluer than what you might want for true UV usage like checking money. Yours may or may not have a shorter wavelength.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlackBart:
May be you are aware of it, but I was looking for info on the Cree led, and noticed your pages still have the 'wait 'till after jan 1st for more info" on there. I tried to discover the info on your other pages, but I can't find it. (must be my poor English, I'm sure). Can I find it somewhere else?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not yet. It's a non-disclosure thing.
But it has to do with fluorescence in various materials, which I did very lightly discuss on some of the pages. So you really didn't miss much.
smile.gif